Chino prison commercial diver training program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uh huh, sure. You didn't know it was Moot, but you do now. My job is done here.

Dear Powers That Be...in light of this thread, I've carefully reviewed the available Smilie List and wish to report a glaring deficiency: while there's :swordfight:and :catfight:, there is no :pissingcontest:

Hows this one?

images.jpeg
Or this one.

images-1.jpeg

#2 (no pun intended) is perfect! Animated would be better, though :wink:

#2 (no pun intended) is perfect! Animated would be better, though :wink:

Well i tried to upload it and its not working, give me a few...

th_ththpissingcontest.gif

Here you go, while I was doing that I found a few others :)

Last edited:
If we don't try and give people a second chance to find the inner peace and self-worth to function in the world ... Then we should just take them outback from the courthouse and put a bullet in the back of their head.... All people are not equal and never will be... Some are stronger than others in body and mind... Some people just need a little extra help...:wink:

Jim.....

Jim, I believe that the weak and the strong should be able to better themselves equally. Why should a criminal have a benefit over a law abiding citizen? Simply because he made a mistake and chose to do the wrong thing?

There are numerous families that currently live in poverty. Little kids suffer daily without food to eat. Something like 15% of the U.S. population aren't food secure. Society could feed and cloth these people, but there's only so much money to go around. And you and others are suggesting that these funds should be spent training inmates for a job in-which there isn't even a market for their services???? I'm sorry, but I don't get it!

This is done in the real world and military, so why not extend it to the prison system.

I dont think our military members should be compared to our prison society. The military earned their education benefits from serving and also from putting in monies of their own towards their education benefits.

Since 2005, over 2 million people have been incarcerated. 67 percent are jailed for non violent offences. 90 percent will be eventually released. 11 states in the union ban convicts from ever voting. When a convict is released, he isnt given very much. If he doesnt have any family support, he is on his own most of the times to find employement, shelter et el. If he is one of the lucky ones, he can be afforded a half way house with a descent PO if he/she is release early. The odds are against the convict as soon as he is released from prsion. If they have a family support, a basic education, a craft or skill, he/she has important tools in their tool belt to be successful in society. Many dont become successful. However, what about the others that do make something of thier lives and are productive in society and many of these successful convicts often give back.

It comes down to the belief of rehabiliation or punsishment. I believe along with the majoirty of the prison systems out there, that we can do both. If the rehabiliation is successful, it will safe the tax payers a large chunk of monies (not just from housing a convict, but the aftermath of his repeated crimes also has a large dollar amount). We live in a country that is often abuntant with compassion.

I dont think our military members should be compared to our prison society. The military earned their education benefits from serving and also from putting in monies of their own towards their education benefits.

You miss understand me. I'm referring to in service schooling or specialty training, not post service schooling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom