Chicken soup, or.... ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissyP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
What is everyone's preferred method for dealing with a cold?
(Yes I have one :pity_part )
I'm letting it run its course, but I'm miserable in the mean time :439:

Irish whiskey....kills the germs in no time flat....and if it doesnt work....YOU DONT CARE>

Ok... my mom always tells me that I should make homemade chicken soup, feed a cold..starve a feever, however out here in spain, my partners mom, swears by a big mug of hot milk,honey and brandy..personally I hate it, but I have to admit, that it does actually make you feels better..(depending on how much brandy goes in hahahaha just kidding!!)
I hope you feel better soon, also get some lavender oil and put it on all of your tissues,(so your nose doesn´t get sore) and on your pillow, so you can sleep better.
Take care xx
p.s VITAMIN C!!! Freshly squeeze oranges and drink when you get up in the morning.

raya:
I hope you feel better soon, also get some lavender oil and put it on all of your tissues,(so your nose doesn´t get sore) and on your pillow, so you can sleep better.

I really need to try the lavender oil- my nose is hating life these days..
Whiskey & brandy, well... at this point, I'll try (almost) anything! :yuck:

But did you notice missy....there is the common thread of booze???

peppermint tea with honey, a lot of vitamin C, and those cold-ez cough drops, and a TON OF WATER!!!!!!!

Fly N Dive:
peppermint tea with honey, a lot of vitamin C, and those cold-ez cough drops,QUOTE]

I have the cold-ez drops... maybe I should put the whiskey & brandy in the peppermint tea? Might not taste very good, but I'll be oblivious to my cold :D

raya:
p.s VITAMIN C!!! Freshly squeeze oranges and drink when you get up in the morning.

Actually, Vitamin C helps PREVENT the common cold, but there is no susbstantial evidence that it fights it. I did one of my IB Extended Essays in Bio on that.

Just for the persuit of knowledge... :eyebrow:

Hot tea with honey and a shot of Southern Comfort does the trick. Also try taking zinc and vitamin C. The zinc really helps me.

Respectfully,

JustDiveIt
(aka Fred)

If it's a head or chest cold and you don't want to take decongestants then I would advise Bau's Rice Soup.

A friend of mine Bau is originally from Cambodia and is now a chef. Once I was suffering a terrible head cold and he made this for me. It has worked wonders ever since. It has a load of fresh ginger which I think stimulates the circulation and breaks up the crud.

Ingredients:
Chicken legs, thighs or breasts
1-2 C of white rice
1 Qrt of Chicken Stock
1/8th to 1/4 C fresh peeled diced ginger root

Rinse the rice and put in the pot with all the other ingredients. Double to triple the amount of chicken stock that you would normally use versus water to cook the rice. Let it all simmer until the chicken is falling off the bone - 45 min. Remove the bones and eat.

If you start sweating then you'll know the ginger is working.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom