Cheers to the Aquanaut!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chez7222

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know you Veteran Vintage Divers have some good stuff but I'm very happy to be a part of your community and keeping the origins of the first divers alive and thanks to my bud Rob Kincaid for showing me the way!

ED1B3A8A-CC2E-42C5-A6DF-BA45861659B7-455-0000003B5566CB3E_zpsd54b6605.jpg

Drink up men because tomorrow we Dive!

Chris Sanchez
USMC/US ARMY
Jacksonville FL

I think you need a nice late 1950s harness!!! Would most definitely match the early 1960s Mistral with yellow hoses and black mouthpiece which I hope is the correct straight one.

USDMistralYellowBlack2_zpsdf1e3bb4.jpg

You got me, it's not a straight mouthpiece but the unit is cherry. I am looking to get a harness and get it all correct ... Give a guy a break I'm trying best as I can loloooo

I just like to see gear match as to age. I know there are many here and on the other forums that vintage is just a word that may or may not include gear from all years. But trying to keep within some particular time frame is fun and allows you to dive the way it really was. Sure some items transcended years or maybe decades, but if you like to reconstruct gear of 1962, for example, then some items were not available then. But again it is your choice of what you want to dive.

Well I'm working on a yellow harness, either constructed or purchased and I have to find a straight mouthpiece for the Mistral. Also looking for a rubber wetsuit XL (44-46) chest size in decent condition, that is proving to be a challenge by itself due to sizing differences. Almost there, I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

You can get a straight mouthpiece from here:
Shop Online

You can also get an excellent reproduction harness from Simonbeans. He makes very high quality harness and they are just like the originals… It is guaranteed that your tank is going to move all over the place, just like the originals. :D

I actually highly recommend Simonbeans vintage style harness. They are very well made and using that style of harness is a different experience.

I know you Veteran Vintage Divers have some good stuff but I'm very happy to be a part of your community and keeping the origins of the first divers alive and thanks to my bud Rob Kincaid for showing me the way!

ED1B3A8A-CC2E-42C5-A6DF-BA45861659B7-455-0000003B5566CB3E_zpsd54b6605.jpg

Drink up men because tomorrow we Dive!

Chris Sanchez
USMC/US ARMY
Jacksonville FL

Welcome to the vintage club. Join us at Sand Dawg this coming weekend.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom