Check-in for divers in the path of the storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, but I don't have annoying neighbors like you. :D

Still raining... They say Gus has stopped over in Shreveport, so we are getting whipped by the tail. The police came today and cut into the tree with the biggest chain saw I have ever seen. So I was able to get out and go drive around, and there is nothing open and no power anywhere. I still have ice in the freezer so I shouldn't complain. Tomorrow I drive north on a crusade for a generator.

Hope everyone else is faring well.

Glad to hear you are well Jim. Now we all have to prepare for the next 3 storms. This is definitely not a good month!

Carolyn:shark2:

I didn't want to post to soon since we live 30 yards off the water now. But we are fine - the H2O Below is fine - the downstairs did not flood - everything is good in Lost Key. However, I am heading to New Orleans to reopen our Navy bases tomorrow. Minimal damage we think

Still no power as of today. Drove to Jackson, MS yesterday. Traffic was bumper to bumper on I-55 from Jackson to New Orleans, so I decided to get a hotel room here. Traveling home tomorrow with a new generator. Hopefully Ike will stay away.

Typing this by generator power, hope to have regular power back by this weekend. I can see lights across the highway but my side is dark. We did not receive any damage but winds gusts were 70 to 80 MPH.

Back
Top Bottom