Cheaters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I glued mine in with a uv light setting adhesive. It let me move them until they were perfect and then the light set the glue quickly It worked for a month in Mexico in January.

I went with a XS Scuba Gauge Reader Mask with contacts and love it.
I need readers, distance is fine. I have the small inserts that glue in and the worked great for seeing the gauges. But, the glue to put them in is removable with warm water. Diving in the Caribbean, guess what, it's warm water and they fell out on the boat. Question is, since I'm going to have to have new mask lense for a perminant fix, can I just try super glueing them in? Do you think it will work.
Try a XS Scuba Gauge Reader Mask.

XS Scuba Gauge Reader Mask

If you’re using glass inserts you can glue them in with RTV silicone.
Confirm. If you buy the one special for glass the lenses will become truly welded. This silicon is used for building aquariums...

Or you can use Loctite Go2 glue. Used that in mine with great results. Slight yellowing after a year, but otherwise no clouding or softening.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom