Cheapest car rental?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just had a good experience with Voyager Bonaire. Rented a basic turbo diesel 5-spd Hilux. It was in pretty good shape and had no issues with it during the week I was there. It was $50 a day with insurance but they give you a free day if you rent it for 7 or more days, so we got 8 days for $350. They were very responsive to emails before and during our rental as well.

What level of insurance does that include? Was that total tax included also?

FWIW: My wife and I rented a car from Bas at Back to Basics (Home - Back to Basic Bonaire)

We rented for about two weeks and the total ended up being around $50/day. The best part about it was that the vehicle was stripped of almost all markings that made it appear to look like a local. Bas was amazing.

Hope that helps!

FYI

Some Visa Credit Cards now include CDW insurance for pickup trucks. I spoke to two reps at the benefit administrator today and they confirmed my Chase Sapphire Reserve and Chase United Explorer cards now provide coverage for pickup trucks while driving on roads. Rep said it was a relatively new benefit and it was mostly the Chase cards that have it. Unknown what other cards have it and the benefit is not currently printed on the Chase Guide to Benefits.

From eclaimsline FAQ "Certain cards also exclude trucks, vehicles with an open cargo bed (such as pick up trucks), expensive or exotic cars"

It appears certain Visa cards now include pick up trucks...

We are actually looking into the same thing. We are staying at buddy dive and their truck with CDW Plus Insurance is $549.50 for the week. This seems really high?
If staying at buddy dive truck is included with your stay. Package is breakfast, unlimited shore dives, free nitrox, room, can get 6 or 9 boat dives added, can add insurance at minimal cost, or opt out of it, your choice.

Back
Top Bottom