Cheap Suunto D9 titanium w transmitter supplier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

madstop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

New to SB and first forum post so apologies if this is the wrong forum section.

I would like to know if anyone has ever purchased a D9 from:

Surfin Ltd
2400 E Commercial Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale
Florida

I messaged them through alibaba and the salesperson, a Mr Riden Dawn, offered me a brand new Suunto D9 titanium strap with transmitter for the amazing price of US$550 for one sample with options to purchase bulk orders at the same price per unit.

I'm pretty sure most of you guys are thinking the same as me. No-one in the facebook page for Fort Lauderdale divers has heard of them or done business with them. Not that I am holding my breath but has anyone out there ever heard of them or successfully purchased a ridiculously cheap and fully functional Suunto dive computer from them? I'd be interested to know.

Incidentally, the company stopped replying to my emails when I asked further questions like serial numbers, warranty etc and whether or not I could collect and view in person at their offices.

And just in case someone from Surfin Ltd reads this post I'd be happy to purchase a genuine Suunto D9 titanium strap w transmitter for the agreed price of US$550 :wink:

You can't use titanium and cheap in the same sentence. I would not go for the titanium, the rubber straps are easier to adjust at depth and while using drysuit,wetsuits,skins etc.

You can't use titanium and cheap in the same sentence. I would not go for the titanium, the rubber straps are easier to adjust at depth and while using drysuit,wetsuits,skins etc.

I think you misinterpret my post but I get your point. And you're right about the rubber straps.

You know that the CEO and COO of Alibaba had to step down earlier this year amid allegations of rampant use of the platform by fraudulent vendors, right? Do a news search for Alibaba and I think you'll find that the deal you're describing conforms reasonably well to the type of fraud that the Chinese authorities uncovered. Pass on this scam.

Back
Top Bottom