Cheap Prescription / Graduated Lenses for your backup mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

black_sea

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Call me cheap, but I always felt insulted at the prices for prescription / graduation lenses for a diving mask.

This is probably not high enough quality for your primary mask, but I have had great results with my backup.
Just order prescription lenses from those multiple websites that sell them online and ship from china. In a month, you get a pair of glasses, just rip them out and superglue the lenses to your mask. experiment what you like better, having them inside or outside the mask.
Mine cost $8 shipped!

Can you get lenses that are flat on one side? Or does the curvature make it difficult to glue?

you can get pretty flat lenses, I never bothered to ask specifically for flat as the pilot-like glasses I got were flat enough but not perfectly even. One could ask, but I did not go that far.
This is more of a life saver idea if you want to have a backup mask with lenses in, as it really sucks loosing vision on a dive trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom