Cheap overnight near/at airport in Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremyl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am arriving ~11p and leaving for Coron ~9p the next day. Is there a cheap hotel nearby? I imagine there is no in-airport short-term sleeping situation, right (beyond sleeping at a gate, but I would prefer a bed). I am also overnighting on the way out - 7am flight so returning from PG during the day and then need to overnight somewhere close to catch morning flight.

Mabuhay Manor was in previous posts but 3000+ Pesos seems high to sleep for a few hours. Similar price at 'Manila Airport Hotel'.

theres a new apartell type hotel right across from the Domestic Terminal and Cebu Pacific ops . Not sure the name , maybe someone knows

The problem with other hotels is they may not be suitable to your minimum standards for a decent place to stay overnight. But if you're not really picky, there's Eastgen Airport Suites, Nichols Airport Hotel, and Hotel Carlston.

Probably the cheapest option would be the So-Go hotel, nearby in Pasay. You can do a short-term (3 or 6 hour) stay at those, for 500 to 1000php. With the short stay option, you can guess what they are primarily used for! That said, they are ok if you just want to crash out for a few hours.

The problem with other hotels is they may not be suitable to your minimum standards for a decent place to stay overnight. But if you're not really picky, there's Eastgen Airport Suites, Nichols Airport Hotel, and Hotel Carlston.

I would take the gentlemen's word about the listed hotels: he works for the government that covers the airport area including the hotels.:)

I've done what you are asking about 3 times now. The fact is the quality of hotels around manila airport is very bad for what you pay. A really decent place is the Microtel next to the Mall of Asia, taxi fare is about 200PP from the airport. Next on the scale is the previously mentioned Manila Airport Hotel, it's about 1/3 cheaper and very tired, but still clean. Below that you can get cheaper but the sacrifices get bigger. All the pain fades though when you get to Coron :) Very nice diving on the wrecks.

I was just about to ask this question because I have similar flight times. I was also wonder if there is a hotel that is close to the bus station that I would need to take to get to PG. I would like it to be as easy as possible but with out spending a ton on a hotel.

I was just about to ask this question because I have similar flight times. I was also wonder if there is a hotel that is close to the bus station that I would need to take to get to PG. I would like it to be as easy as possible but with out spending a ton on a hotel.
Tourist bus departs to PG 08:00 daily from City State Tower Hotel. There is also a van leaving Swagman Hotel at the same time. Fare is around P700(bus + boat). Swagman offers free airport transfer.
Stayed in both places before and they were FINE. The room in City State was cheaper and there is more leg room in the bus than the van.

Thanks all. I'll try out the Eastgen Suites for the first nite (well, 1/2 day) and go again if it is nice enough. I have stayed just fine in some crappy places. Just lookin for 6hrs of sleep. I'll bring my earplugs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom