Cheap Housing Rebel for Snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I know this is a bit beneath you, but you're such good folks I'm hoping you'll have an idea. We are headed to Cancun with friends... she is a pro photographer, but not a diver. We are going to take them snorkeling and she is interested in trying to take some photos, but really doesn't have money to invest in serious housing for what may be just a one time deal. Any thoughts or suggestions?? Are there plastic bag things available? do they work and where do you get them? Thoughts and opinions??

Thanks all so very very much.

I wouldn't use the Ewa marine bag for my dslr but that's just me. Even a small increase in pressure can stop access to the controls and they just aren't that reliable.

Better to either grab a compact with housing or a disposable.

Snorkelling with a dslr isn't the easiest thing in the world either so imnsho even the baggie approach is a waste of time.

Thanks... that is kind of what I needed to know... I will tell her to pick up some disposables... thanks so very much!!

Back
Top Bottom