Cheap Hotel for a few nights on 7MB near 7MB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joneill

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading to CBBC on Brac for a dive trip with our local shop Nov 2-9. I'm flyng into GC on Nov 1 to avoid any connection issues to BRAC and then onto Brac early Sat Morning. I'll be flying back to GC early on Nov 9 and then back to JFK on Nov 11 - hooking up with friends who live on GC and getting a few dives in there on the 9th/10th.

Any reco's on a cheap, but decent places to grab a room for those 3 nights (for just 1 person)? Preferably near/on 7 MB. Thanks!

Check out the Comfort Suites, it is less expensive than most of the other 7MB options and it's a nice spot when you have a few days to burn on GC. It is on the same side of the road as 7MB and they have a small section of beach that you can access from the hotel via a short path, and they also have a large pool.

Daily breakfast is included and you can walk or take a short cab to many other venues in the central 7MB area.
Grand Cayman Comfort Suites & Resort

If Comfort Suites is higher than you want to spend, there are a few other options to consider, but when you are comparison shopping keep in mind that the hotel rate quoted may not include the 13% tax and they may also add on resort fees - so just make sure you understand the full pricing to compare apples to apples.

Paradise Point is an older "Mom and Pop" style hotel that is on the water, on ironshore a little north of 7MB. Nothing fancy but not far from many restaurants and venues. You may need to use buses or short cab rides.
https://www.paradisepointerentals.com/#!

The Grand Caymanian Holiday Inn is on the water but not on 7MB, but they do offer free shuttles during the day to Camana Bay and 7MB and DiveTech is the onsite dive op:
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnresorts/hotels/us/en/grand-cayman/gcmhi/hoteldetail

I have never stayed at the recently opened Margaritaville resort, we just stopped there and had a drink and looked around. It used to be the old Treasure Island hotel and it was remodeled as a Margaritaville. They are just north of George Town and South of 7MB, they have a pool and access to a small swimming area - but it is not the powdery white sands of 7MB.
Margaritaville Resort Grand Cayman - Island Style Beach Resort

You can also look for a condo or Airbnb rental, but they are usually designed for weekly rentals and not for a few random days - but you might get lucky!

We've never visited Eldemire's Inn, it is near George Town and I don't think it is on the water (?) but it is frequently mentioned as a less expensive venue on GC.
Home - ELDEMIRE'S TROPICAL ISLAND INN

I can personally recommend with the Comfort Suites or Paradise Pointe, although that is more condos than a hotel, or it was when I stayed there. The other advantage of Paradise Pointe is that it is very close to West Bay Dock where a lot of the dive boats leave from. Most dive ops will pick up from Comfort Suites, though.

Holiday Inn would be too far away from anything for my tastes, and I'm not familiar with Margaritaville.

A lot of condos at that time of the year would have a 3 night minimum, so a small condo might be an option for you too, but may not be cost effective.

I don’t believe cheap and 7MB can be done together, but Comfort Suites (as indicated by @KathyV ) might be the closest match.

I don’t believe cheap and 7MB can be done together, but Comfort Suites (as indicated by @KathyV ) might be the closest match.
Thanks - “cheap” was meant as a relative term as we have been going to GC annually for the last 7 years - so I am familiar with the locations and generally higher prices. We usually stay at one of the nicer condos (happy non-diving wife, happy life :)) on 7MB when we do our annual trips (was just there for 10 days in Feb).

This time it’s just me for a few days on both ends of the Brac trip, so just need basic lodging in a convenient location.

Thanks to all for the suggestions - I will check them all out!

Cheap....lol...the CS will be your best bet at around 300 US a night.

Thanks - “cheap” was meant as a relative term as we have been going to GC annually for the last 7 years - so I am familiar with the locations and generally higher prices. We usually stay at one of the nicer condos (happy non-diving wife, happy life :)) on 7MB when we do our annual trips (was just there for 10 days in Feb).

This time it’s just me for a few days on both ends of the Brac trip, so just need basic lodging in a convenient location.

Thanks to all for the suggestions - I will check them all out!

I think that Comfort Suites would be your best option. It's what we usually do when we have an extra day or two on GC. It's nothing special but the location is good and we have been happy with the accommodations and the daily breakfast is convenient and fine for a few days. It's next to the Marriott and across the street from Coconut Joe's and you can walk to the Craft F&B bar and other places nearby, no need to rent a car for a short stay.

Look at Locale. I believe the rates there are very reasonable. It was just finished. Centrally located in walking distance to lots but it is on a main intersection (Cayman Style) so it cannot command the same prices as other venues.

Sunshine Suites should be comparable to CS, Neither is on the water but it's a short walk.

Not on SMB there's the B&B in West Bay. I think it's called Shangri-La

I stayed at the condo side of Paradise Point Margaritaville when it was Treasure Island. They share the pool etc.Kind of an odd area of south SMB there's only one restaurant within walking distance and a liquor store. We did find a small bakery/sandwich shop in the strip mall to the south but IDK if it's still there. We thought we could do w/o a car there but after a few expensive cab rides we called Andy's - they'll pick you up.

Lousy part of SMB but 100 yds south there's a nice area fronted by a couple condo complexes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom