Cheap Flights to MNL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivinRich

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I finally got some vacation time setup and it looks like the price of flights has jumped about $500 since I was looking last....

Looking to travel on July 2nd for 2 weeks......I was seeing tickets out of PHX for about $1300 a while ago, now everything is $1800 plus.

Any tips on finding a cheap flight to Manila from the states ?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Hope you know that June to Oct. is Typhoon season...
This is why the dive boats to the Sulu Sea stay home.

you should be able to do much better than $1800.

try going to airlineconsolidator dot com and enter your flight details. that site seems to check more airlines than some of the others. you might want to enter a departure of lax or sfo as they have more flights to manila. later you can get a flight from phx to your departure airport. once you find a cheap flight try going to the airlines website and see if they have the flight even cheaper.

you can also look into flying into the old clark airbase (airport code crk) as this is about an hour and a half north of manila. some discount airlines use that airport for overseas flights.

Thanks for the tips, I found one flight for a few bucks less than $1500......maybe it's best to go elsewhere next month and try again at a later date.

Rich

Thanks for the tips, I found one flight for a few bucks less than $1500......maybe it's best to go elsewhere next month and try again at a later date.

You get as much information as you supply. Where are you able to fly out of? I travel to the PI from Seattle and yes the prices jumped at least $300-500 for round trip tickets recently. I used to get tickets from a travel agent but found I could get the same or even better by booking on-line with EVA especially if you have registered as under thier frequent flyer program. I've not seen this kind of price change before even when I check into November flights. If it stays like this I will have to cut down on my trips.:depressed:

I recently completed a trip in May with airline ticket of $830 that I purchased in March. Now looking at November the prices are $1100-1300.

You get as much information as you supply. Where are you able to fly out of?

In my first post I stated PHX (Phoenix, AZ). I recognize there are better deals to be had by flying from the coast so have checked flights from LA too......

Prices are definitely up, I was looking a couple of months ago and was shocked to see how much they have gone up.......

Ah, didn't catch the airport abreviation;-)

I hope this price hike is only temporary for the summer travel season.

We booked last week for August and got LAX - Cebu for around $1250.... We booked through Philippine Airlines on their website, we seem to always get the best fares dealing with the airlines directly.

Back
Top Bottom