Cheap flight to Manila until mid Dec 2021.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Centrals

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I can purchase one basic HKG/MNL return( no check bag) for HK$355.00(US$45.00) as I typed this message. And I have enough travel fun with Cebu Pacific to purchase two of them.
However, I am not sure if I will be welcomed to Manila as well as returning home to HK without taking the compulsory quarantine(2 wks) required.

I am able to get vaccinated soon, choice of vaccine is available, but would that be enough to satisfy both places?
No desire to be locked-in in a hotel room for total of 4 wks.

I can purchase one basic HKG/MNL return( no check bag) for HK$355.00(US$45.00) as I typed this message. And I have enough travel fun with Cebu Pacific to purchase two of them.
However, I am not sure if I will be welcomed to Manila as well as returning home to HK without taking the compulsory quarantine(2 wks) required.

I am able to get vaccinated soon, choice of vaccine is available, but would that be enough to satisfy both places?
No desire to be locked-in in a hotel room for total of 4 wks.

Unless the rules here have changed (yet again), I believe it's a 7 day hotel quarantine, with a follow-up test on day 6.

As of now, they're allowing more foreigners into PH, but only under Business, Spousal/immediate family, and balikbayan to enter. (Obviously, citizens are allowed in.) The gov't here has made no statement/policy, that I'm aware of, regarding travelers who have received a vaccine....

El Galleon shows me that I can book starting Apr. 17. I wonder why they would accept a paid reservation if they can not make good on it?

El Galleon shows me that I can book starting Apr. 17. I wonder why they would accept a paid reservation if they can not make good on it?

Not sure, I'll look into it. But, that said, the resorts don't control, or have influence, over Immigration.... I'm sure any facility would be willing to book a reservation, but whether or not the guests can actually arrive is outside of their hands...

Not sure, I'll look into it. But, that said, the resorts don't control, or have influence, over Immigration.... I'm sure any facility would be willing to book a reservation, but whether or not the guests can actually arrive is outside of their hands...
agreed, to be fair, i think it's your responsibility as to whether you can get there as opposed to theirs....especially when booking.

The reason I mention it is that it did not allow me to book sooner than Apr. 17 as if there was something significant about that date. But I'm going with D_Fresh he is in country and has his finger on the pulse.

Unless the rules here have changed (yet again), I believe it's a 7 day hotel quarantine, with a follow-up test on day 6.

As of now, they're allowing more foreigners into PH, but only under Business, Spousal/immediate family, and balikbayan to enter. (Obviously, citizens are allowed in.) The gov't here has made no statement/policy, that I'm aware of, regarding travelers who have received a vaccine....
Both places have not announced any exemption to arriving personal who have been vaccinated. So there is no point to buy the ticket even though it has been pre-paid through cancellation of previous flights. I will kick the original idea to touch and wait.
There is no way I will pay anything in advance in today's climate.

My dive shop told me that the one year anniversary of my original flights protection with ITN insurance will be extended because of covid.

I hope they are right because it's Mar. 31

My Filipina aunt and uncle visiting Family in the Philippines in 2018. I didn't know it but at the same time I was on Mindoro diving. The guy in front is married to my half Filipina cousin the singer. He owns a recording studio in Las Vegas.

natikids.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom