Cheap... eBay drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got my double layer polartec yesterday and it looks awesome. I was actually surprised at the quality considering it was a no-name undergarment off of ebay. The waist measurement on his charts made me think that I'd have about 7 inches too much material around the stomach but it's actually a pretty solid fit for me. I have to wait a couple of weeks to try it out but reports from the dive I'm going to do say it's down around 40 degrees, so I'll get a good chance to see how cold these things can get down to.

Got my dives in this weekend in Lake Superior. It only ended up being 50 degrees this year, unlike 40 degrees last year. I was definitely pretty cozy in the double layer polartec. Seemed to work out well.

Hey everyone,
Don't mean to bring up an old thread but what happened to rondel? I don't see any more items for sale under his ebay username? Did he go out of business?

I tried looking as well and could not find him. I know he has disappeared and reappeared before due to running out of stock. Maybe try emailing him.

I think Ron's garments are a very good alternative to spending hundreds of dollars on something else .. at his prices, you can readily afford to try one and see
He even had mine custom made from my measurments at no more cost

I just got my double layer polartec yesterday and it looks awesome. I was actually surprised at the quality considering it was a no-name undergarment off of ebay. The waist measurement on his charts made me think that I'd have about 7 inches too much material around the stomach but it's actually a pretty solid fit for me. I have to wait a couple of weeks to try it out but reports from the dive I'm going to do say it's down around 40 degrees, so I'll get a good chance to see how cold these things can get down to.

I just picked up a used DUI TLS350, so now I have lots of questions about undergarments.

Who was selling the double layer polartec? What size did you order? Was it a full suit or separate top and bottom? Was it the Military Surplus "POLARTEC CLASSIC 200 BIBS OVERALLS FLEECE MEDIUM" that is offered by a number of sellers?

Has anyone tried the "Military BEAR SUIT BIB HUNTING ECWCS OVERALLS M/L NEW" How is the sizing on these? The post says
# Size: MEDIUM / LONG
fits 31 - 35 inch waist
fits 32 1/2 - 35 1/2 inch inseam

Thanks,
Mutineer

Here is my auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110426219254

I'm 6'1", ~180 lbs and the medium was a good fit for me. If I was any taller the legs would be a little short. I feel like the polartec gives you a lot of warmth for the thickness. I would definitely recommend Ron "rondel101bjrr". I actually contacted him because the 2 layer medium I was looking at sold just before I went to bid on it. He had one posted by the next morning.

I have 3 of his bunny suits. I have dove the lighter suit earlier this fall, and will be diving the quilted suit this weekend.

Thanks, Jim Breslin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom