Cheap Eats schedule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tunaman68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So we've got 5 nights to enjoy dinners in Coz this trip and we're trying to strategize the schedule. We have done most of the usual suspects the last few trips, and although we love our favorites (Rolandi's, La Mission, Blue Angel, Wet Wendy's, Kinta etc) We want to really focus on the hole in the walls this trip! We're saving one night to try the Deep Dish pizza at O'Hana, so that leaves 4 eves for adventures!!

Thoughts??

The places we have tried are limited with El Pique really being the only one so far....I know many are only open in the eves, so lunch will be closer to BA (gotta have our Ernesto's and La Hatch as well as BA happy hour and Chile Relleno!)

We're thinking of 1) Chilangos, 2) Los Seras (I'm a Al Pastor fiend), 3) El Foco....

Let loose with your favs!!

My wife and I tried El Coctelito in December and we both really enjoyed it. It is very reasonably priced and the seafood was simple but fresh and very good. The staff spoke little English but between our few words of Spanish and their few words of English we all managed quite well. The restaurant is on 20th Av a block south of Corpus Christi church. I believe it is between 17th and 19th streets.

La Perlita would fit the bill.
Restaurant, La Perlita, Cozumel Mexico
We usually go with a big group and order one big fish along with other items. You will get to see the fish before you place your order, they usually have a few to choose from. I seem to remember them calling it fried when actually it was baked? Its been a year and I had a few their potent Margaritas. Check yourself after two Margaritas as they are strong. They have Lion Fish dishes if your so inclined.

You need to try El Moro....their "Shrimp on a wire" is worth the trip

filename-img-4214-1.jpgEl Moro yes, but I just found this pic of Otates so I'm IN!!!

Head to the Mercado Municipal for lunch! Cochinita, Salbutes and Empanadas with a soda or juice for less tha 6 bucks!
It helps if you speak espanol..

I had some suggestions, however, after re-reading the OP I realized that the request was for budget dinner ideas... Not lunch. Therefore..from low budget $ to high budget $$$-

$ Asadaro el Pollo on Avenida 30 between calle 3. & 5- stop in no later than late afternoon/early evening. Pick up a chicken meal. When they run out if chicken they close. Then find a special picnic spot for dinner. Add a bottle of sparkling water and a pastry from a bakery or Mega/Chedraui and perhaps a coffee. Relax by the pool and/or watch the sunset.

$$- La Choza - Avenida 10 between calle 3 & Rosado Salas

$$$ - Sorrissi's - Calle 3- just off Melgar- this is the high end of my budget dining for my DH and I - Spaghetti en crusta - shared entree and shared Cesar Salad (plenty for two), bottle of Sparkimg water . Then, after a stroll to the plaza, we share an order of Churros or pick up some gelato for dessert.

Last edited:
If you have already tried El Moro, let me then second La Perlita. GET the lionfish. Not only is it terrific, wonderful fish, you are doing your little part to clean some more lionfish off the reef. I like it Xcalakoko. Breaded with a coconut batter with just a hint of sweet. Oh, and you have to ASK for the lionfish menu. It isn't in the regular menu.

Coz022012 039.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom