Cheap Easy tanks cradles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tagerisatroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I went to the trouble of putting the photo's up I might as well put it in the proper forum too.

I've been using pipe insulation to stop my tanks from roling around when i strap them down. I simply cut it to length put an old peice of scrap wood, broom handles work well, drill a hole through them and tie a knot in a peice of rope to stop them from spreading out or if you don't have a drill just tie good Knots around the ends to keep the spacing. I use a ratchet strap between two I-bolts to hold the tanks down but they are pretty stable without it. It'll look kind of like a stretcher when your done.
cradel.JPG

cradeltank.JPG

I like them because they don't require any skill to make, and they are cheap I think the foam was less than 5 bucks and the wood was free, and well it used less than 2 feet of rope.

Anyway I didn't think these up by myself like most great ideas I copyed them from someone else, who had them in the back of his truck.:light: Also Use common sense theses will provide more stablity to your tanks when your hauling them but if your pulling High G turns you might want to consider something more substantial.

Take it easy.

Great tittle. I expected to see her picture:D

I made the same type "Cheap Easy tanks cradles" but no stick down the hole. I used a nail and a torch to burn holes though the noodle and put a big knot in it...

I did something similar, but thicker foam. I got a "pool noodle" from the "Dollar Store" for... well 1 buck!

cut it into thirds, put some thick bungy cords in it and I've got a two tank cradle for $1.

LDS's sell the same thing for $15 to $20

mike_s:
I did something similar, but thicker foam. I got a "pool noodle" from the "Dollar Store" for... well 1 buck!

cut it into thirds, put some thick bungy cords in it and I've got a two tank cradle for $1.

LDS's sell the same thing for $15 to $20

hey...even I could do that!

great idea.

catherine96821:
hey...even I could do that!

great idea.

Mine doesn't look as "neat" and fancy as the one in this pic, but it's pretty much the same, but with a long 8 foot bungy cord instead of rope.

(Reason I used Bungy cord was I had a long one and I was out of thick rope except for really long ones I didn't want to cut).

anyway, this is the easy concept with a $1 pool noodle from the Dollar Store

B0000DCY0V.01-A3SVBRU2LEMONO._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I think this is one of the easier DYI projects and many folks on SB have a similar one they've made

mike_s:
Mine doesn't look as "neat" and fancy as the one in this pic, but it's pretty much the same, but with a long 8 foot bungy cord instead of rope.

(Reason I used Bungy cord was I had a long one and I was out of thick rope except for really long ones I didn't want to cut).

anyway, this is the easy concept with a $1 pool noodle from the Dollar Store

B0000DCY0V.01-A3SVBRU2LEMONO._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I think this is one of the easier DYI projects and many folks on SB have a similar one they've made

Yep. :nod:

Yeah I wasn't being very orginal when i made them but when i saw them in the back of another divers truck I was like "hey i could do that in five minutes". now I don't worry about scratching my new painted luxfer 100 :) when i put it in the back of my jeep. it of course is to late for that poor Catiliana 80 in the photo :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom