Cheap dive watch for 50$?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alaxias

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I've been looking at dive watch and they're usually waaaaay too expensive for me (200$ range). I remember my instructor telling us a regular timex watch would be fine as long as you don't press any buttons. I just want something to keep track of time, nothing fancy.

Now, if the depth limit on these watch was right a 25m watch would be fine but somehow I doubt these are really accurate.

Any tips?

Try a Casio G shock, I've had one for years and it still works. Maximum depth I've had it to is 100'. It says water resist 20 bar

The Casio G shock is rated 200m, I see it for 100$ around here. Can you press the buttons underwater?

Check out the timex expedition watches. I have one that I picked up about a year for $35. Water resistant to 200 meters

I can also recommend a g-shock, just look for a close out unit......

According to Casio - only the watches rated to 200M are suitable for Scuba Diving and you can use the buttons underwater......

$53 at LeisurePro......

Casio DW9052-1V G-Shock 200M Watch

Hope this helps......M

You can usually get a new "old stock" Timex Helio DM for $50 on ebay. It give you depth as well as time and even logs a few dives including temp.

Casio makes one that is a regular watch with a bezel. We get them at Costco around here. $49. After five years mine remains waterproof, although a little nicked up.

Timex Ironman Core. They're all designed for inwater use, up to 300 feet. I've had mine below that on a number of occasions without problems. If you're in a hurry you can find them online all day for $30 - $50, if you've got some time you can usually find them much cheaper. The buttons are hard to operate with heavy gloves on but they do work.

Back
Top Bottom