cheap chinese video light review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a better switch. Beware.
You sure? I've seen dozens of the larger switches fail, but also see smaller switches with that texture in that photo work fine after years of use. Although I now see that the one I was referencing doesn't have little grooves in the middle like the chinese unbranded one.. Particularly this one:
1655566869134.png

That is te exact type of leaky switch on my lights. the plastic ring around is made of clear plastic and they have tiny LED's under it to light up when you switch it on.
Can I get a pic of your light, maybe a url of the product page? Outta curiosity.

no idea. a few years old. maybe the new switch is better. sure looks similar but the tovatec obviously has lasted enough to show wear on the flashlight.

Yes the switches all seem to be the weak point.
I prefer twist the housing type of switchs. But usually only gives on and off. And hard to find.

Does anyone know the max input voltage for the LED driver on these? I know they run a 1s config, but usually the drivers have a wider range.
Thinking about picking up some and adapting for external power but would want to use a normal ~12v supply.

I know this is not a video light. But does anyone have experience with this style?
Looks like a nice switch, and no crazy flashing modes, very nice to charge, don't need to bring a separate charger,
There are some other cheaper one that don't have a USB port...

C$ 69.63 54%OFF | Wurkkos DL10R Scuba Diving Torch Cree XHP70.2 LED Flashlights 4500lm 21700 USB-C Rechargeable Rotary Switch Magnetic Control

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom