cheap bottom timer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I searched around on the net. I can't find any reference to a Printon Tec bottom timer. Any idea where to get this before I saw up the $3,000 to buy yours:)

... I would look around for you but I am too busy right now merging all the new threads you are starting back into this one. :wink:

TIP: make sure you click on *post reply* and not *new thread*

Aanyone know where the serial number is on the Uwatec BT? The registration has been sitting on my desk for a week! I ilooked all around the puck and cannot find it...

Ken

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
... a Princeton Tec bottom timer... you should be able to find one for <$50...

or I could sell you mine for $3000.

So it's your fault, the rec.scuba post. When did Princeton Tec ever make anything besides various lights? I'd like to see a picture of this.

Look six messages up for a pic.

I see it says bottom timer.. and I can make out a "TEC" on the bottom line. Looks like it says more than Princeton Tec.... maybe Princeton Technology? If it does say Princeton Tec, is it the same company as the lamp manufacturer? Interesting.

OK here we go:

Princeton Tec is recognized worldwide as an industry leader for personal lighting products. Founded in 1975 by Bill Stephens, the company was built on Stephen's vision to make the sport of scuba diving safer. Princeton Tec started in the back room of a dive retail facility in Princeton, New Jersey, where they developed their first product, the Bottom Timer, a fully automatic underwater timing device. After their successful launch, Princeton Tec began to firmly position itself as an industry leader for underwater instrumentation. Today, Princeton Tec is a diverse global company, committed to developing products which will continue to set the benchmark of the personal lighting industry. Manufactured in the USA, Princeton Tec products offer waterproof integrity, a lifetime warranty, and the highest power-to-weight ratio in the industry.

I picked up a TUSA bottom timer on eBAy for $20 US
Just needed a battery.

Mike D

i was doing my adv open water and went to k mart cause i left my computer home. they had a watch rated for 90m. i needed something to satisfie my instructor so i bought it. as a gag i have worn it to see what it will do ever since. I have had it down to 110' and it still keeps time on the stop watch function, and it is still keeping great time after 60 dives. $3.95 plus tax. got to love the japanese. cheep and easy, i use it as a bottom timer or just a spare for kicks. i dont know if i would trust my life to it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom