Uwatec bottom timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FM1520

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a UWATEC digital 330M bottom timer. I have had it for about 4 years with a few hundred dives on it. It has always been imperial except for my last dive. As I was descending I noticed it is now on metric. I have no idea how/why it changed. I was always under the impression the it can not be switched between imperial and metric. Any ideas?

I have a UWATEC digital 330M bottom timer. I have had it for about 4 years with a few hundred dives on it. It has always been imperial except for my last dive. As I was descending I noticed it is now on metric. I have no idea how/why it changed. I was always under the impression the it can not be switched between imperial and metric. Any ideas?
We just picked up some new Scuba Pro Bottom Timers for work (same as Uwatec) on Friday and they are not user switchable between metric and imperial, just like my 14 year old Uwatec. I would have thought that what you describe would be impossible, but perhaps there is some internal setting that could be switched at the factory (before it is sealed in the case). My guess is that you now have a permanently metric BT until whatever random condition that caused it to switch re-occurs.

I had one do that once. Then i heard a friend complaining they had the same but in reverse (metric to imperial). Then we realized we had been on the same boat a couple weeks before….

I had one do that once. Then i heard a friend complaining they had the same but in reverse (metric to imperial). Then we realized we had been on the same boat a couple weeks before….
I thought that maybe it got switched for a second but mine has a deep sea supply holder and there were only four of us on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom