cheap and easy to maintain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll second the vote for a Scubapro Mk 2 R190. They provide enough air for dives to recreational limits and can be tuned to provide very easy breathing.

The design is a descendent of the original Mk 2 and Mk 3 designs and is a simple, durable and easy to maintain design that offers both quality and reliability. There are only 2 dynamic o-rings in the regulator and both are only exposed to intermediate pressure rather than high pressure so there is very little to go wrong. The TIS kit also works very well on the Mk 2 and divers in this area use them on ice dives with no problems.

If you ever get too "technical" and exceed it's abilities as a primary reg, it will still make a superb deco reg so you are unlikely to ever want to sell it.

i just came back from the LDS. i got a huge lecture on the NIKONOS V camera. is it really that good?

anyways:

Mares BCD Vector Origin
Mares MR-12 Proton Reg
MaresProton Octopus
Mares 3 guage console

price over here is around USD$900 (negotiable)

any comments on things that i should add or remove? is a compass really important?

Jay

Nikonos V, wonderful camera... but it's bloody film and I believe they stopped making them a couple years ago. Sounds like your LDS is trying to unload old but very expensive gear on you. Get a digital camera like most everyone else has or is switching to. Our underwater photography forums here on the board are first rate.

If you haven't done underwater photography before, I'd recommend starting with something simple and inexpensive... under $700. That's the camera PLUS the underwater housing, mind you.

Back
Top Bottom