Cheap Ambergris Caye restaurants?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GratefulDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm headed to Ambergris on 2/18 and am staying at Ramon's Village. Breakfast is included but lunch and dinner is not. I'm looking for local hole-in-the-walls where I can have a good cheap meal and a beer, the operative word being CHEAP. Suggestions? Thanks!

Celi's Deli right near the Holiday Hotel just north of Ramons is where a lot of locals pick up lunch. But there isn't much in San Pedro that's cheap. Belize as a country is quite expensive and San Pedro is the most expensive place here.

I was there about a year ago and did find a rather inexpensive mexican place. I don't remember the name, but I believe it was on the third street from the waterfront. The building was a dark pink and the restaurant was on the first floor. Excellent food, large servings, and maybe $5 for a good meal. It was cheap enough for a bunch of college students, so it should meet your requirements.

GratefulDiver:
I'm headed to Ambergris on 2/18 and am staying at Ramon's Village. Breakfast is included but lunch and dinner is not. I'm looking for local hole-in-the-walls where I can have a good cheap meal and a beer, the operative word being CHEAP. Suggestions? Thanks!

Mango's is about 200 yards north of Ramons, just past the Sunbreeze Hotel. They've got great Hamburgers. Have one for lunch.

If you like Sushi, "Rice and Roll" has some fantastic stuff. Its upstairs in another rest./bar whose name now escapes me. Ahhh remembered it. "Fido's". They've got some relatively inexpensive food too. Their fish was incredible. Enjoy, Dr. Ken :42:

A very good and inexpensive place is Caliente, under the Spindrift hotel on the beach in the middle of town - Mexican food. A very popular place with a limited menu but excellent quality and portions is BCs, on the beach just south of Sunbreeze hotel. Noted especially for its Sunday lunch barbeques.

The cheapest place by far is the "Park", the open recreation area on the beach a little further north with it's Belizean-style fast food stands. Good and safe food at very low prices. For San Pedro, that is - nowhere here is as cheap as inland at San Ignacio, for example.

There are lots of little hole in the wall type places in San Padro that serve good food at cheap prices. I don't remember all the names of the resturants we went to the week we where there. But I do remember one place we went to for lunch. Los Cocos I think was the name...lunch for all 3 of us (2 chicken entrees, 1 lobster tail, 3 sodas) was less than $20us.

I love Estel's on the beach - great value, and really good Buritos - also love The Reef on middle street - great seafood - You cant really go wrong in San Pedro - never actually had a bad meal and have eaten in most restaurants there - Enjoy your trip!

Back
Top Bottom