CHDK, unable to view RAW images in Elements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tripntx

Contributor
Reaction score
Have CHDK loaded on my Cannon A720IS. Tried to open RAW pics I can't view on my computer, have installed Photoshop Elements 5.0 but it doesn't open them up either. Raw pics were saved as .crw files.

What needs to be done to allow opening them in Elements 5.0?

So I finally downloaded dng4ps2 from a russian site, it converts my cannon chdk .crw raw files to .dng, so now I can use some raw files for pratice editing in Elements 5.0.

DNG4PS2 converts CHDK raw files into a DNG file, which allows Adobe products to open them. Adobe will open .crw files from cameras with raw capability from cannon, but not .crw from chdk hacked cameras.

Also learned CHDK can be set to save raw file on SD card in .dng format so no converting necessary in the future.

Lastly, I really hated downloading dng4ps2 from a russian site: visions of software melt down was dancing in my head.

I could be wrong but I am not sure Elements supports RAW files, I use my Canon software or PS.

N

Hello Nemrod, Elements actually works with RAW, but if camera raw it must be from a camera with raw capability from factory. Converting them to DNG raw allowed Elements to open them.

Now if I can learn how to use Elements better I might upgrade from 5.0 to 9.0 in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom