Chdk s100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The canon indicator is unreliable
Set the CHDK battery display to mv then insert a fresh battery in and take a reading of the mv value that becomes your max
The run the camera until you get the change battery pack in shooting mode. Switch on the camera in display mode and read the mc that is your minimum value once you set the max and min like this CHDK becomes 100 accurate you can then laugh at the canon indicator

That worked well. Thanks

In case any one is interested...1600mAH battery gave me about 350 jpg (L-fine) shots with ttl flash...so one battery should hold for a double dive. I haven't stressed the 1300mAH battery

I did notice with CHDK and the SD locked, the Canon display of shots remaining stays static...not a big deal

SterlingTek

Got it on Amazon.... Chinese made with Japanese cells......hope it lasts more than a couple of months. (price was reduced from $59 US to $14..so it was worth a try) It was advertised as 1400mAH but is labeled 1600mAH

You wouldnt be implying that a Chinese manufacturer using Japanese cells with advertisement stating one level and the battery stamped another....might be incorrect?

That is why I hoped it lasted more than a month or two..anyway I did get 350 shots out of it with the strobe firing ttl...of course the camera wasn't left on long...I really shot the camera battery down sequentially so I could low load the CHDK battery level

I plan to do the same this week end with the Canon battery

````
The last thing I was thinking was there a way to "back up" the SD card CHDK settings
````

There is a program called SDMinistre that you can find via the CHDK forums which allows you to partition the memory card so that you have a small "bootable" partition that holds your settings, and the larger partition to hold your photos. Tried this with 2 8GB cards and works a gem.

Thanks...although I thought with the larger SD cards it wasn't recomended to partition the mem card...maybe I mis-read

What I was hinting about was being able to "back up" the CHDK settings that are saved after it is personally configured...I'm not sure which file has this info and even if it can be saved and reloaded after restoring CHDK (in case the card was re-formatted by mistake)

---------- Post Merged at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Just found another interesting thing...with CHDK aperature overide set above "8" camera will not go aboe 8...same with shutter speed...max seems to be 1/2000 Must be hardware limited??

Yes it just can't do that
There is a file called CHDK.cfg that holds the settings you can put it in the directory you use as master on the computer so it gets copied each time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom