Chdk s100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks...I'll play with it later this week

Yes, I considered Inon, but it looked like the new FIX got better reviews and I've gotten a 67 to 52 step down. I have a 67mm caddy from a previous lens. I may need to insert a set screw to make sure the ring doesn't come out with the lens...unless someone comes up with a 52 mm caddy

The inon is a great lens however is more expensive and requires additional cost for the ad adapter a total $360+ more
As far as the lens itself is concerned the fix is not a better lens and the new uwl has softer corners than the previous uwl04
However at that price if I had to buy from new I would consider it the preferred option
when you have already a set of ad lenses the considerations are different

I think I would use loctite to fix the stepping rings to the caddies to avoid any issues

Well...I was going to try CHDK but found that the new camera is very new...version "b" firmware...no CHDK

Any one know where I can get a copy of a version firmware.....Canon doesn list legacy firmware availability

Tongue in cheek ....however, the version "B" CHDK was just posted last night on the wki site...some one in Germany had been working on it and not less than 4 people had posted yesterday that they had just gotten S100's with "B" firmware, so he expedited the version...great to see people helping others

I'll test tonight

BTW...the newer s100's with "B" firmware appear to be outside the serial number range for the recalled lens issue...another win

Loaded and tested......looks like this will be a winner

Sorry, I don't mean to turn this into a CHDK user post, but perhaps you know

It was suggested in a previous post to set up a user menu in CHDK...I have it set up, but am a little confused (it took a while....the S100 buttons that set up the menu items are different than the manual indicate...but I didn't hurt anything playing...in <alt> the shutter button adds or deletes the menu items...not the +/-)

If I have the menu set to "On" or "on-direct" does it automaticall load those settings set up in the user menu....even if the over-rides are toggled off with the "Disable Overrides" set to On....and if this is set to "Disable" (which I guess boots up the overrides automatically)...do the menu attributes take precedence over anything set in "Extra Photo Operations" (BTW...the toggle keys for the override diable in the S100 are half-press -macro/MF (<) not half-press -disp (down)

By this I mean, say you set Override aperature to 2.77 in the "Extra Photo Operations" but then in the "User Menu" set this to "off" and instead change the shutter speed override in the menu to 125.....seems like they (User Menu vs Extra Photo Operations) might fight each other...one setting would need to take a priority, wouldn't it??

The last thing I was thinking was there a way to "back up" the SD card CHDK settings.....I can just see myself re-formatting the card by accident (a way I used to dump a lot of old picture files with my previous cameras) and the have to re-do the boot (which isn't "tough" and re-loading the CHDK....I just didn't want to have to re-build the entire setting setup on CHDK)

The user menu is only a way to access the settings more quickly the setting itself is the same
I recommend setting CHDK to disable override 'disable' and then create a user menu with setting you will really change
In the specific if you put on direct means that the <alt> button doesn't call CHDK main menu but directly the user menu
I would put aperture settings there and that would be it
Another useful feature is the battery % you need though to evaluate the mV at full battery and depleted battery as the defaults are usually incorrect

Have fun

Yes..I noticed a slight anomoly with the CHDK battery indicator vs the Canon indicator

I will say I wasn't impressed with the overall battery time..but I was playing around a lot...the battery did seem to die quickly....I am going to try the other battery (1600 mAH) I bought and see if it makes a diif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom