Chdk s100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RESCUEDIVER

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the beta release

I am about to order camera + FIX, but I've been holding off until I am sure I can force the shutter/ttl. I belive the S95 CHDK allows this

thanks for any help

Some activity...but the postings are limted

I know you didn't have access to the S100 from a previous post

I was hoping Maria Munn or some one may have played with it...she seems to be a big fan of CHDK and she did some work with the S100

A spanish photographer has contacted me for the TTL

The script as expected does not work as the processor is different however he can fire TTL in Tv overriding the aperture and this fits the purpose

CHDK for the S100 is still in alpha version the link to try it out is below

CHDK Download - build 1.1.0, revision #1983

Thanks....but would it be better to force the shutter to a minimum say 1/125th and then use Av to set for a setting of 5.0 or 5.6 for wa shots and higher for macro

Seems like it would accomplish the same thing...I'm only thinking adjusting the aperature underwater might be easier to control

I've not used the FIX underwater yet, so I haven't found a sweet spot

Based on my experience it is easier to shoot in Tv mode and use the front dial and then build a user menu so that with one press you get into the aperture setting that has less values
For shutter speed you need also the multiplier so you have to navigate a bit more I would not recommend that but is down to personal choice

Thanks...makes sense....what would you suggest the forced aperature setting to be in CHDK (too many years as an M mode/ttl Oly user...this crowbarring is going to take some time to get used to)

Looks like the S100 is too new for a ttl script (nothing at the wiki)

You've been a big help

If possible I would set up a user menu so that with one touch you are in the aperture setting and move from off to what you like
in CHDK aperture settings are real ones not market one so you would have 5.65 6.36 which are the same 5.6 6.3
Have you got a wide angle lens?

Yes...FIX UWL-28...this is the newer FIX lens and looks like it has a slighly wider range (even at 28mm) than the Inon....I am using it with a S&S 110a (fiber)

---------- Post Merged at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Sorry...I continue....

I'm too new and haven't played with the camera or CHDK enough yet...plan to next week end when I have more time

Are you suggesting a user menu in the S100 (regestering common used shooting menus (mymenu)) or something in CHDK

User menu in CHDK, with a fisheye lens F5.6 is sufficient you don't need a smaller aperture for infinite depth of field. You can go in the water with aperture override at F5.6 camera in shutter priority and start at ISO 100 and 1/125. It is important to understand that once you override everything it does not matter anymore how you set the metering as you are effectively in manual

For what concerns Fix UWL28 vs Inon the fix lens seems wider of a few degrees however I don't like the M52 thread mount I think once you have the lens on is not practical to take it on and off during the dive. I also think the Inon is sharper and only -85 grams in water and I can use AD caddies and swap between fisheye and diopter in water, I am not aware of any M52 lens caddies instead thought the Epoque diopter comes in M52 format and is a good lens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom