Charters in Palm Beach and Broward Counties opened back up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ditto for Kaylami (Jupiter Scuba Diving) and Pura Vida. All these operators are top notch, safe charters that put a group guide in the water with you.

Keep in mind that there are negatives to the group guide approach. Primarily you are stuck diving with a large group whether you like it or not. When the boat is full that can definitely be a negative. I've been kicked and landed on many, many times. I often stay just close enough to the guide to have the safety of their flag overhead but to also keep a distance from the crowd. At the end of the dive I will often times ascend with the guide since I'm typically one of the last ones down with them. Otherwise I will shoot my DSMB and ascend alone.

Yes. I tend to dive with Pura Vida. I really like their operation and staff. Obtained AOW with Emilio from Pura Vida. Fantastic diver.

Tried Kaylami last weekend. Good operation. Reefs very so-so—very. Lots of turtles (50 plus).

If you want a guide included, dive in West Palm or Jupiter. I can vouch for Walker's Dive Charters, Narcosis, and Jupiter Dive Center. However, my favorite reefs are in Boynton Beach. You could always find a buddy or a group to dive with.

Thanks. Yes, I have a regular dive buddy. We tend to dive with Pura Vida. I am curious about the Boynton reefs. I was certified last (late) October, I have 40 dives in 9 months. Have snorkeled my entire life...yet still not sure about carrying the flag and being able to enjoy the reef. That’s why I like guides. I don’t like the hassle of another object to mess with.

Thanks. Yes, I have a regular dive buddy. We tend to dive with Pura Vida. I am curious about the Boynton reefs. I was certified last (late) October, I have 40 dives in 9 months. Have snorkeled my entire life...yet still not sure about carrying the flag and being able to enjoy the reef. That’s why I like guides. I don’t like the hassle of another object to mess with.
Diving independently is not for everyone. Carrying a flag is often not much of chore at all and lets you decide your own dive. This decision also has to do with your own confidence as a diver. Modern training does not necessarily instill the skills of an independent diver. I would suggest you dive a few times with another group in Boynton Beach. You will discover how easy the navigation is and will feel more confident in taking it on yourself. This could open up worlds of new diving for you. I do nearly all my diving in Boynton solo, the ultimate in dive freedom

Diving independently is not for everyone. Carrying a flag is often not much of chore at all and lets you decide your own dive. This decision also has to do with your own confidence as a diver. Modern training does not necessarily instill the skills of an independent diver. I would suggest you dive a few times with another group in Boynton Beach. You will discover how easy the navigation is and will feel more confident in taking it on yourself. This could open up worlds of new diving for you. I do nearly all my diving in Boynton solo, the ultimate in dive freedom

Thank you. I will certainly explore it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom