Charter catering to Tech divers near Ft Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Will be there from May 23-30(Sat-Sat) Tough enough getting some diving in during the weekdays but which outfit doesn't mind tech diving from their vessel?

Hypnautical out of Lake City

What specifically are you looking for - deep, beyond the rec. diving limits, those who permit use of rebreathers, those who allow mixed gas?

PS Lake City is +/- 7 hours from Ft Lauderdale - by all means ck w/ the shop mentioned to see if they have anything going during the time you are down in S. FL, just realize they are not local.

See below; the Operator, RJ Diving Ventures, is out of Miami Beach - about 40 min's south of FTL - not sure if they have availability but this comes fairly close to a tech. dive; excellent operator BTW. Contact info too.

May 25th, Monday @ 9:00 AM…………The Doc de Mille (155&#8217:wink:, the Blue Fire (110&#8217:wink: and the Cascades Drift (50-80) ****
· Please call for information or to reserve space: 305.861.6277
· All listed times are departure times.
· *** Tenneco trips feature an extra $10.00 fuel charge
· **** Doc trips, feature an increased fuel charge, Please call for pricing. ONLY Proper certifications!

M J Beach
www.rjdiving.com

Spot-on advice here from Fish Eye. If you're tech diving, you don't really want to be on anything other than a six-pack boat and Oliver (the grumpy Corsican) is an outstanding tech boat captain. The only other tech charters I'd even consider are Conrad Nix on the Miss Conduct and Paul Varian at Varian Charters.

Thanks for the info guys.

Some of the wrecks I want to see are at 100'+. I don't like going down for only a quick dip. Just want to take my time and enjoy it more. Not talking about 60 minutes worth of deco though.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom