Charleston, SC wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pauly854

Contributor
Reaction score
I may be getting to the Charleston, SC area next year and would love to do some wreck diving. I have never done wreck diving before, so I would love to hear some opinions on good entry level wrecks and reputable charters in the area. Thanks

Check out the websites:

"Charleston Scuba" in Charleston SC
"Express Water Sports" in Murrels Inlet SC
"Coastal Scuba" in North Myrtle Beach

The next ones to look at are in Wilmington NC

Look at the dive site descriptions on the websites. Look for wrecks in 50-80 feet of water for starters. Look at the calendars and schedules.

Select the one for you. Call the shop and commit. Arrive at the scheduled time and follow instructions. They will tell you all you need to know. Have FUN!

ScubaBoard - Photos/Video - Diving offshore Charleston SC

ScubaBoard - SC Dive

I dove with Charleston Scuba two months ago and couldn't be happier with them. I dove the Charleston 60 shipwreck and some other sites. Very professional charter operation.

My wife and I were headed to SC today to dive with Coastal Scuba tomorrow when we got a call the viz was 0 and the seas were 6 ft so it was called off. The main wrecks I wanted to dive were the Swanee and Sherman. Maybe next year we will be on the same charter they are around 60-70 ft.

Diving the Charleston 60 and Anchor ledge in a couple of weeks. How were they with newer divers?

Lowcountry SCUBA on shem creek is a good outfit. Charleston Scuba does a nice job but does not like to spear fish.

Call both, nice shops and folks.

---------- Post Merged at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:25 PM ----------

just keep in mind that offshore in charleston, means offshore. 10-30 miles off to get to decent diving... I've lived in charleston most of my life and mostly dive florida and the bahamas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom