charging double to fill hp 100 tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinginn

Contributor
Reaction score
what does everyone think about being charged double to fill my new hp 100 tank,the regular price is 8 dollars for alum 80s,so its 16 dollars for the 100, i could almost understand it for a 130 cf tank,by the way i bought the tank there.:11:

Is this the only shop in town? If not, what do the other shops charge you for a fill?

I could see an additional charge if it was nitrox because the 02 can be expensive but not for regular air or even hyper air. Also double even for nitrox seems pricey, id think an extra $2-5 max.

Here in Seattle where I do not exactly find deals all over, a fill is $5. I can rent a LP tank for $10, and a HP/DIN tank for $15.

I thought RENTING a filled tank at $15 was expensive, but just a fill? Wow.

Air, maybe...
For Nitrox or any mix other than 21% I'd say what a ripoff. They should charge you by the cubic foot...unless they handle the cylinder from your car to the fill station and then back....goes for your doubles too....

Dive safe,

Celia

i think im going to another shop tommorow,its out of the way some but just cant justify paying 16 dollars for air.

If you bougtht the cylinder there, and like the dive shop - just play dumb and ask them about their fill prices. Just make sure you ask the owner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom