Question Charger for Teric

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ukmc

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
My iPhone and IPad and battery chargers are all USB-c now. My Teric and TG-6 chargers are the only micro-usb left. I know TG-7 changed over to USB-C.
Can someone who purchased a Teric recently comment if new chargers come USB-c or still the same. What about Tern’s charger? Looking from the photos on Shearwater’s web site Tern’s maybe a USB-c.
Thank you

I just bought the new Peregrine TX and its charger is USB-c so I would think the charger for the Terics and Terns would be as well. Maybe @deeno will see this and chime in to confirm. He won the Tern TX at the recent Invasion so he would know.

The Teric replacement charger from DGX is still Micro USB. The Tern charger is USB-C.

The Tern Tx charger is also usb-c.
Is the Tern TX charger a standup slot like the Teric's, or a flat plate like the Peregrines?

Flat, similar to the charger for the Apple Watch.

An Apple Watch charger won’t work, that’s a proprietary design.

I used to use an iPhone wireless charger that was Qi compatible, but that stopped working with my Teric, so I’ve just been sticking with the shearwater charger designed for the Teric. The tern has a weird design that has notches for the charger to line up. I’ve found the tern to be pretty finicky about getting things lined up just right. The peregrine has been more flexible about what pad it will charge from.

Adding to this... has anyone tried using an iPhone charger magsafe charger (Qi) or an apple watch charger on the Peregrine TX?
I tried a Qi charger for my android phone just to see if it would work and it did fine.

ETA: I also tried it on a fast charging Qi and it would not charge with that. I don't think it will take more than 2 amps output from the charger.

Dongle it!
1720551568450.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom