Changing Scuba Tank Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

any shop worth going to will not fill an empty tank because it more than likely has been contaminated due to lack of internal pressure.

you bring me an empty tank and it is getting a VIP before it gets filled.

Here let me fix that for ya so the shop you are working for will not loose a customer over an employee's gruff attitude:

Any shop worth going to will not fill an empty tank because there is a possibility that it has been contaminated due to lack of internal pressure. At a minimum a cursory VIP will probably be done on the cylinder before it will be filled. And if there is a reasonable explanation as to why the cylinder is empty such as for changing out a valve more than likely the cursory VIP will be a courtesy.

Here let me fix that for ya so the shop you are working for will not loose a customer over an employee's gruff attitude:

Any shop worth going to will not fill an empty tank because there is a possibility that it has been contaminated due to lack of internal pressure. At a minimum a cursory VIP will probably be done on the cylinder before it will be filled. And if there is a reasonable explanation as to why the cylinder is empty such as for changing out a valve more than likely the cursory VIP will be a courtesy.

That's closer to my experience here in San Diego. If I empty my tank because I want a different % nitrox or swapping valves or whatever it doesn't mean the tank is contaminated. the shops I use are pretty reasonable and a quick look with a light only takes a second and of course its always complimentary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom