Changing HP hose on Uwatec single pressure gauge console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bunongbel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi

I plan to change the stock HP hose on my Uwatec single pressure gauge console and I just wanted to confirm a couple of things.
What is the best way to remove the gauge from the console ?
And if I need to replace the air spool, what type will I require ? Is it the one with the flange in the centre ?
Thanks for your help and advice.

They can kind of be a pain to remove the SPG. You just need to push from the back, if it gets stuck it helps if you put it in hot water. Not boiling just hot tap water, that will loosen evey thing up and make it a bit easier. As far as the spool, you dont need to replace it just change the orings on it. The spool will be fine.

Hi bunongbel,
It would be necessary to see which particular model of UWATEC spg you have to correctly determine the proper swivel/spool. The flanged one is historically SCUBAPRO, not UWATEC. Yes, hot water and some soap can do wonders.

Back
Top Bottom