Changing hose on Poseidon reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZackD

Registered
Reaction score
I just purchased a long hose from Extreme Exposure, and Im going to put it on my Poseidon Jetstream reg. Can anyone explain to me how to do this, or would it be best to have a dive shop do it?

One question for you... Did you buy a standard seven foot hose, or a Poseidon 7 ft hose. The Poseidons do NOT use the standard hoses. They have an OP fitting on the second stage end. Did you get the right hose???

If so, its very easy... The fitting on the second stage end unscrews, and the fitting on the first stage end you might need a wrench to loosen, and then that should just unscrew. Reverse to install 7 ft hose...

Good Luck!!!!

BTW, i think you can handle this yourself.

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
One question for you... Did you buy a standard seven foot hose, or a Poseidon 7 ft hose. The Poseidons do NOT use the standard hoses. They have an OP fitting on the second stage end. Did you get the right hose???
Damn. Bought the wrong hose. Thats kind of what i figured when i looked at the end of the hose, but i just thought id check. Thanks for the info. Guess ill need a new hose!

Thats kinda what I figured. I dont think EE sell the Poseidon hoses. If you cant find one, let me know, and I can hook you up...

Hopefully, you can return the hose to EE for a refund...

you may feel some chest pain when you find out the price for the poseidon hoses.
they are about double the price of a standard reg hose. I've seen 7 foot poseidon hoses listing for $100....
ouch:(

Dive Rite produces aftermarket hoses for Poseidon Jetstreams. They are well made and look nearly identical, but are cheaper (at least in Germany, that is....).
The quality of the hose itself is not exactly up to the Poseidon´s. The original Poseidon rubber compound is very durable and doesn´t get stiff in low temperatures.
If this justifies the price....it´s up to you.

Zack, you can trust LUBOLD8431, I purchased an odin from him. He will give you a great price, and if something is wrong he will fix it ASAP. He also threw in some goodies on the side for me. Purchase from him.:wink:

bmuise once bubbled...
Zack, you can trust LUBOLD8431, I purchased an odin from him. He will give you a great price, and if something is wrong he will fix it ASAP. He also threw in some goodies on the side for me. Purchase from him.:wink:
Im going to try to purchase from him. My problem is that I need these hoses quick. Im going diving this coming weekend, and I had hoped to have the hoses by then.

Anyone know of anywhere else that sells poseidon hoses?

they are online, and normally have them in stock. I'm sure they could ship it next day if needed. the guys there are pretty good about shipping if you need it in a hurry.

www.mar-vel.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom