Changing DUI wrist zip seals to another system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here’s another option for you. Pullover gloves with the Viking classic rings. The hard inner ring goes inside the wrist seal and the rubber outer ring goes on top. I’m doing this with my new DUI suit.

View attachment 630006

i have been using this system (viking pull overs ) for 15 -20 years i will never use anything else......

i use the same system on my dry suit. I used it for a long time on the wrist seal as Marie13 showed. Last year I actually got the outside rubber ring permanently installed so that I have user replaceable wrist seals. Works great!

I too have the Viking rings, and have them on my zip seals. They are excellent. Zip seal gives me a wrist dam, and the dry glove gives me the insulation options, and a removable glove.

I just this spring converted my CLX450 to the cheap SI Tech quick rings. The suit had G1 zip seals and you can’t use silicone with them. I was tired of replacing expensive latex seals. I had already been using the clamp-to-seal quick rings, so the compatible glue-on rings made sense.

My requirements were to allow seals and gloves: I’ve put holes in gloves too many times to go without. That and wanting silicone meant I needed new rings no matter what, so that’s what I went with.

I’ve got neoprene zip gloves I can’t use if anyone wants to make an offer?

I’ve also gotten a pair of ansell 58-735 gloves. They’re definitely more flexible than any Showa 660 or 720 or such, but I haven’t gotten them around zebra mussels yet...

ETA: I’m intrigued by the pullover glove idea, especially for backup. But my hands seem to be unusually large: when I tried to find acceptable pullover gloves it was just a no-go. What are you guys using for brands?

Pullover gloves and the Viking rings worked great today. No leaks.

How much length do they add to your sleeve would you say? My current sleeves are a little too long right now, so I think I might also have to get custom adjustments done if I want to refit anything.

How much length do they add to your sleeve would you say? My current sleeves are a little too long right now, so I think I might also have to get custom adjustments done if I want to refit anything.

Not much.

Edit - This is NOT a permanent retrofit. Anytime you want to stop using it, you can.

ETA: I’m intrigued by the pullover glove idea, especially for backup. But my hands seem to be unusually large: when I tried to find acceptable pullover gloves it was just a no-go. What are you guys using for brands?

Sorry, can’t recommend a glove supplier. I take a medium and even those are still a bit long for the fingers.

I have a dui tls350 with zip seals. Wanted gloves and was thinking about rolock 90 or ultima...

BUT the non permanent viking classic ring sounds way better. So I slide a hard ring inside my latex wrist zip seal. Is their a specific spot it needs to go? Then directly around the hard ring and over the trilam sleeve, I slide the rubber ring? Nothing else?

When I search I usually find the viking bayonnet system, but I think that's different from the classic ring. Can I get a recommended link on where to buy the viking classic ring?

I have a dui tls350 with zip seals. Wanted gloves and was thinking about rolock 90 or ultima...

BUT the non permanent viking classic ring sounds way better. So I slide a hard ring inside my latex wrist zip seal. Is their a specific spot it needs to go? Then directly around the hard ring and over the trilam sleeve, I slide the rubber ring? Nothing else?

When I search I usually find the viking bayonnet system, but I think that's different from the classic ring. Can I get a recommended link on where to buy the viking classic ring?

Look at the photo I posted and that will give you an idea how it gets positioned. The Classic system is two parts. The hard plastic ring and the outer rubber cuff. I got mine at the LDS I got my new DUI through. The others will have to advise where they got theirs.

Back
Top Bottom