changes in charters in kingston for 09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmy B

Contributor
Reaction score
saw this on another board

3014876085_e5285555fe.jpg

As the charter season in Kingston comes to an end, the staff at Seaducer Dive Charters and NTD have made some changes in dispatching the boats for next season.

Spike Sr and Vikki Marie will be used for day trips only meaning one departure in the morning only. 8 - 12 pax or a group of 22. (2 boats)

Spike Jr and Seaducer will run half day charters departing at 9 and 2 daily. Early departures are encouraged as well.

Passenger loads will be changed as well.

Seaducer- 6 single tank divers or 4 double/stage divers
Spike Jr- 8 single tank divers or 6 double/stage divers

Spike Sr: 8 - 10 divers
Vikki marie: 10 - 12 divers

Premiums may be charged for distance and extra tanks/dives as normal.
These rates may be adjusted due to fuel/insurance costs for next season as well, depending on future rates which is out of our hands.

We will be welcoming some new captains next season as well, those that have chartered her in late fall of this year may remember them.

Several new wrecks have been added to the destination lineup as well, including the China and Annie Falconer in addition to other outlying wrecks. These will depend on weather and booking schedules and will not be scheduled until the morning of departure.

Club nites are still on and more are welcome this season for some free evenings.

We thank all of our countless supporters, customers and future customers for your continued patronage and look forward to a great season next year.

If you are looking for a charter in the Kingston area, look for the Aquacat, a yellow twin hull with a capacity of ten divers I think.

I and a few fellow divers had the many pleasures of diving Kingston with a few different charters this year. I can honestly say I had the most fun and felt safe on all the Charters with the crew. Getting to know them on a personal level made me respect them all that much more. Speaking with the owners (Captains) It was clear last season was hard on them financially. Estimating charter fee's and so forth a year in advance has to be tough. lets face it this is not a easy buisness to run. The Charters were hit really hard last season and it is easy to see reflecting fee changes this year. I support these business owners and understand these changes. I havent had the pleasure of meeting the crew and staff of seaducer, but hope to this up coming season. lets not forget how hard these people work to make our dives that much more enjoyable and safe. If the prices do seem higher this year, think about last year when we payed little and they paid a lot.

Dive safe everyone and here's to another great year of diving !

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom