Chambers And Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The post quoted above is from someone who acknowledged they live 1400 miles from cave country. There is discussion in that thread about the logistical and legal issues as well.

FL is reeling from recently settled and still-pending litigation in relation to deaths... Lawsuits most view as frivolous and a waste of money for the defendants. There is little appetite to create another avenue for exposure.
Well there you are then Florida: no go, so status quo. . .

The largest single-day scuba charity event in the United States

How we annually fund the Chamber:

https://dornsife.usc.edu/chamberday/

How we recruit the Volunteers:

https://dornsife.usc.edu/hyperbaric/...ber-volunteer/

The post quoted above is from someone who acknowledged they live 1400 miles from cave country. There is discussion in that thread about the logistical and legal issues as well.

FL is reeling from recently settled and still-pending litigation in relation to deaths... Lawsuits most view as frivolous and a waste of money for the defendants. There is little appetite to create another avenue for exposure.

Florida also has two people on house arrest from a negligence-related chamber fire that killed a young child and his grandmother.

Does anyone know how many bends cases come out of cave country annually?

You divers all there in Florida keep on making excuses why you can't do and having no courage for what you should do. . .

Florida also has two people on house arrest from a negligence-related chamber fire that killed a young child and his grandmother.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. . ."

$107,855 - Thank You!!!!!!

No Kevin, sometimes it is more about picking battles that make sense, rather than trying to push a rope. I realize that it is a philosophical difference of opinion, but there are times when people have to agree to disagree - and I think this is one of them.

That being said, I wish you would let it go without the personal snubs. It's rude to continually attack people who don't see things your way, and it's tiresome to be on the receiving end of the attack.

You divers all there in Florida keep on making excuses why you can't do and having no courage for what you should do. . .

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. . ."

$107,855 - Thank You!!!!!!

No Kevin, sometimes it is more about picking battles that make sense, rather than trying to push a rope. I realize that it is a philosophical difference of opinion, but there are times when people have to agree to disagree - and I think this is one of them.

That being said, I wish you would let it go without the personal snubs. It's rude to continually attack people who don't see things your way, and it's tiresome to be on the receiving end of the attack.
Justifying and lamenting about the "litigious environment" will not elicit support or pity nor resolve the problem of treating emergent diving casualties in North Florida.

You have an objective model in the funding, support & running of the non-profit Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber. Now go out there and do it!

Rant off

Last edited:
I guarantee you, neither I nor any of my friends are looking for your support or pity, nor do we think you are the path to "resolve the problem of treating emergent diving casualties in North Florida."

Btw I believe we were *noting* the litigious society, it's more than a stretch to say anyone in this thread (or any other recent thread of which I am aware) was "lamenting" it. <shaking head>

Justifying and lamenting about the "litigious environment" will not elicit support or pity nor resolve the problem of treating emergent diving casualties in North Florida.

You have an objective model in the funding, support & running of the non-profit Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber. Now go out there and do it!

I guarantee you, neither I nor any of my friends are looking for your support or pity, nor do we think you are the path to "resolve the problem of treating emergent diving casualties in North Florida."

Btw I believe we were *noting* the litigious society, it's more than a stretch to say anyone in this thread (or any other recent thread of which I am aware) was "lamenting" it. <shaking head>
Feigning indignation, or arguing semantics like above is not going to resolve the problem either. . .

I'm doing neither. Nor am I - or anyone I know in N FL - looking for your input on how to solve this problem.

Feigning indignation, or arguing semantics like above is not going to resolve the problem either. . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom