Cfwa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The port came yesterday. The 15 mm FE with 1,4 extender does fit well, and there is no vignetting with the correct placement of the shade (but it is a close call, just a couple of mm shorter into the port and there would be vignetting). I tried it in the bathtub yesterday, and everything worked well. Really looking forward to trying it in real life in a couple of days, at least if the ash cloud from Iceland leaves northern Europe and the flights south starts again! If this works it will be an amazingly cheap way of getting cfwa. I do not know if the shade is essential, if not it will be an extremely compact set up.

So now I have trid it in real life. With very careful placement, the shade did not vignette, but I will probably trim just half a cm from the shade in order for it to work all the time. I am very happy with the results. Corners are great, and lighting close sujects very much easier than with the big dome. And the set up is very compact, easy to use even from zodiacs in pretty bad weather, something that I did not like with the big dome. For some examples, I have a number of pictures on Marsa Shagra, Red Sea 2010 Photo Gallery by Bent Christensen at pbase.com . All wideangle there is shot with the 15 mm and a 1,4 extender in the 6 inch dome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom