Cervical Herniated Disc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hear about your accident.

I suffered a herniated disc at C5-6 and had surgery Dec. 21st four years ago. After my surgery I had extensive rehab (which I still do) and waited until April to dive.

The good new is I am about 99% the same. Slight decreased neck mobility. I do practice conservative diving due to two spinal surgeries one cervical and one lumbar.

It is always better to be safe than sorry! All my best to you for a complete recovery. My best advice from someone who has been there - follow your rehab to the letter. It is time consuming and frustrating at times, but you will be better for it.

Laine

KC-

What Artsprite said regarding lawsuits and any diving you do is correct. I am not an attorney, but I am a paralegal that works in a firm that does insurance defense. If you do end up litigating or even making a claim for this accident, any diving activities after the accident will certainly become a factor in evaluating the seriousness of your injuries.
While I don't know if you are even contemplating making a claim (and I am not trying to give you any legal advice), just be aware that any previous injuries/problems that you suffered in the area of your current injury and ALL of your actions since the accident will be open to scrutiny on the part of the insurance adjuster and its attorneys. It doesn't sound as if liability on the part of the person that hit you is in question, but there will be efforts to reduce any amounts paid to you - and to show that your injuries may not be that serious is one of them. Definitely consult with an attorney if you feel you need to make a claim.
Having said that - I hope your recovery is going well. Take it slow and be safe - hope you feel better soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom