certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mogwai

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have just finsihed my ow and am certified, (still have to rinse the salt from my hair, lol) Even have a little cardboard card that says so, how chuffed am I. WHooo Hooo. Here we go. Here we go. Here we go.

Rock on!! Way to go! Have a lot of fun diving safely.

Take care,

Colin Owen Berry

mogwai once bubbled...
Have just finsihed my ow and am certified, (still have to rinse the salt from my hair, lol) Even have a little cardboard card that says so, how chuffed am I. WHooo Hooo. Here we go. Here we go. Here we go.
I think I'm happy for you, but... please define "chuffed". I just told my wife that right now I'm "chuffed" and she suggested either a cold shower or to apply some anti-rash medication.

Definition of chuffed = Very pleased with oneself in a quiet self content type of way, veritably glowing with happines, is slightly moe poetic. Will need to post some good scottish words to boggle and amaze the minds of those not in with the lingo. Thanks all for the replies they are greatfully received and are adding to my 'chuffdness' lol.

And then there's 'well chuffed', for the added emphasis. As in, 'You must be well chuffed at having passed your OW!'

I find 'muppet' is a good insult to confuse and delight my friends over the pond...have been busy hybridising their language usages for years, with the result that there is now an enclave of blokes who live in LA who delight in dropping words like 'muppet', 'chuffed', 'slapper', and progressively more offensive terms that I'd be best off not repeating here into their casual conversation. They're delighted at just how offensive they can be without folks twigging to it.

But your self-chuffedness is well deserved!

Thanks. I'ts always an interesting thing when you get a language crossover. No, not even a langauge crossover, just messing aroind with the local dialect can be a lot of fun. Did a bit of the same when i visited my family in America, they thought it was great fun.

You think a cardboard card gets you chuffed....

wait till the real one comes in the mail.

As it has been said before.....

Now is when the real learning starts.

Which part of Scotland are you from ive been a resident of Lossiemouth on the Moray firth for about 20 years but being E**nglish will never be local but I love the place. Well done passing your openwater. Read as mutch as you can about diving but most of all enjoy your diving. Try to learn from every dive you do. I am currently diving crystal clear Red Sea Waters its hard but it came with the job. Take care and dive safe.

I live in central scotland. About 30 mins form Edinburgh and 30 mins from Glasgow. Have been diving Loch Long and Loch Fyne. Am learning all the time, am trying to take at least one thing from every dive, it's a learnign curve and i am trying to climb it. Am really loving it though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom