Certification in Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Several years ago my wife did her cert. dives in Maui after doing her class and pool work here at home. we used The Maui Dive Shop up in Kapalua, both instructors we used 2 different instuctors during the 2 days of cert. dives and both did an excellent job.

kidspot:
Hey Blesi! Welcome to our Ohana over here :)

I think she has to see a post that has B&B in it to repsond.

Did you know Blesi provides homemade cookies these days????????

They didn't originate in San Francisco either :D

Hey Blesi! Save some of those cookies for me! I'm going on the boat on Saturday!

To the OP: You have lots of choices in doing your class here. Great idea to get the reading and video work done ahead of time. Even better idea to do your pool work and classes at your local dive center and then complete just the dives here. First thing to consider is water conditions can change at any time so plan on getting your dives in early rather than late in your stay. Give yourself enough time to do it leisurely. Where you're staying could be important too; west side, south side, Hana side.... Remember this, too, you know what they say, "You get what you pay for". No matter who you chose to dive with, it will be cool. The thing is, who you dive with can make the difference between being cool, or being really cool! I have lots of experience with your exact request. February is peak whale season to...you're gonna freak when you hear them underwater! If you would like to hear what I can do for you, please PM me.

Mahalo,

blesi varney:
Aloha LiveforDiving,

Just a few corrections if I may:wink: ...B&B Scuba is not the same as Maui School Scuba. B&B has always been called B&B Scuba and not any other name. Brad has always been the owner.

Craig sends his referral students who want to finish their cert. class on Maui, to us, all the time. And it is true, Craig certified Brad.

Take care,
Blesi Varney
B&B Scuba

Indeed you may Blesi, I stand corrected, and happily so :).

My recommendation still stands, of Craig and of Blesi and Brad at B & B, they are all great folks and will take good care of you, as they did of me.

And obviously it has been too long since I have been diving with any of them as it seems I can't recall who is who anymore!

Thank you Blesi for the clarification, I hope to get back out your way soon,

Living

Everyone, thank you for all the info again! This board is definitely a great find...

I contacted Craig of SF Scuba Schools and we are going to do our book and pool work here...and work with B&B, since we are staying in Kehei and we can pay for it all up front (they work with SF Scuba School).

We do plan to do some more diving during the week, so I will be sure to hit the other instructors that posted for those dives...gotta spread the love for all of the help I got.

Thanks again!

Good choice! getting that stuff out of the way at home where you have the time to go thru it at your own pace is the best thing you can do for yourself!

Have a great vacation!!

goodluck cranked13! keep in touch with scubaboard. it is truely a great place to learn and chat. if you get a chance, keep us posted on your training and how fun your open water was. others will get good info from it and it will be fun for you to relive it with all of us.
aloha

I will definitely keep everyone posted...gotta get some pics from my Tahiti dives up as well - we were surrounded by black tips and grey reef sharks :11:

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom