Cert in Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheAlphaMag

Reaction score
First off I want to say thanks to anyone who's helped me out before. This website has to be one of the most informative, mature, and well developed web forums I have visited.

My deal is that my uncle and I are looking for something cool to do for the summer.(I'm 17 and starting my last year of HS in september by the way) I brought up SCUBA, and he kinda liked the idea as well.

We have friends who live in Key West, and we've been talking about going and getting certified down there. He thinks it would be better to get it done somewhere else because 'it will be more of a destination kinda thing'. In other words, it would give us somethign to look forward to and focus on.

So the first thing that came to mind for him was Captain Hook's in Marathon. I'm looking it up and I see its got an okay rep (or at least their flashy website does). What do you guys think about it?

I was told that when getting certified I should look for a good instructor.. And I guess that is paramount.

Does anyone know any other PADI certified locations in the keys?

I have dove with Lost Reef Adventures several time in Key West and really like them. I got certified with Reef Raiders, they were ok,but I'd go back to Lost Reef any time. There not real flashy, but they limit the number on thier boat, thier boat was always very clean. The crew VERY friendly/helpful and usually the best price I found in Key West. I note that part last, because, i would pay more to go with an outfit I liked better, but I don't have too. PM me if you have any questions.
Dan

I did my OW cert with Ocean Divers in Key Largo. I was very, very impressed with my experience. The store is very nice, the boats and gear was extremely clean and well maintained, and the staff gave beyond exceptional service. Website isn't too flashy but I would highly recommend them. I would go diving in Key Largo for the sole reason of diving with these guys again.

I dove with Captains Corner right out of Key West. I think they have a great facility and the crew for the dive were great. Check them out. They may be a good option

Inquire about Tilden's at Hawk's Cay. Wendy is one of the best instructors I have seen. You will be thoroughly trained by a really pleasant, knowledgeable, and skillful person.

AWESOME!

Thanks for those names and testimonies. I will check out each one!

I will give you a great shop and PADI Instructor. Bonsai Dive Shop in Key West on DuVal St. Capt. Pete. 35 years as a Navy Diver. Has a 6pack boat so no cattle cars. Very individual instruction. I took my advanced with him and whenever I'm in KW I dive only with him. He will (or at least used to) take only 2 people out if his boat is not full.

I will have to also put a plug in for Captain's Corner.
Just got my cert this week with them and had a blast. The boat is the Sea Eagle and the crew is fantastic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom