Cenotes recommendation in the Yucatan area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D018892B-CC9A-4FD8-8D57-7F18641F5AA6.jpeg
I’d put the pit on the top of your list. Especially if there are rookie divers as you can always see the sun..

The cavern line at Tajma Ha is an excellent dive as well. But I would be a little cautious if you only have 25 dives and your girlfriend is afraid of dark narrow dives. All the cenote dives are dark and constricted compared to OW diving. She might not enjoy it, and getting nervous in an overhead environment is potentially very dangerous. Just make sure she really wants to do it and feels comfortable.

I recommend you contact Nicolas at CenoteXprience. I have been diving with these guys for over 9 years, they are greatguys and excellent dive guides. They have a small family run dive shop in Playa. They will set you up with the proper dives for your needs. Tell Nico that Steve from Canada sent you. CenoteXperience - Cavern, Cave and Ocean Diving in Playa del Carmen Yucatan Mexico - Home

+1 for Nicolas. I dove with them last week and they are extremely accommodating. I only got 2 dives in because this trip was not dive-focused (it was my bachelor party), but I will definitely be back to dive with my wife sooner than later.

I recommend you contact Nicolas at CenoteXprience. I have been diving with these guys for over 9 years, they are greatguys and excellent dive guides. They have a small family run dive shop in Playa. They will set you up with the proper dives for your needs. Tell Nico that Steve from Canada sent you. CenoteXperience - Cavern, Cave and Ocean Diving in Playa del Carmen Yucatan Mexico - Home

Another vote for CenoteXprience. Like your girlfriend, I'm not a big fan of tight, closed in spaces, but CenoteXprience took me to Angelita and Carwash. Angelita mostly is completely open except you drop below an acid cloud layer that turns the dive into a type of night dive. Carwash is a massive opening, nothing closed in about it. As a non-certified cave diver, the guides cannot take you past the point when you cannot still see the light for the exit. In Carwash, that is pretty far into the cavern.

Hello,

thank you for the recommendation. I have booked with CenoteXperience and had a very nice and well organized time with them! We went to Chac-Mool and Kukulcan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom