Best cenotes for two days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too bad grand cenote is closed (it still is, right?) That’s a really nice one. Dos Ojos is a good one, Tajma Ha is really nice except it’s possible, likely even, that the vis is still terrible from the construction they did there a year ago. And it’s a little far north if you’re based in Tulum.

I did one day of 3 tanks with Underworld Tulum in 2022. One dive in El Pit, two dives at Dos Ojos. Great sites, Lanny is a great dive lead, and they have great accommodations for a reasonable price. Can't recommend that place enough. Especially if you like dogs, because Lanny's wife Claire operates a dog rescue out of the same property as the hotel, so you'll get to make pup friends while you're there. I'll be back, and next time try to get 3 or 4 days of cenote diving in.

FWIW, I found Car Wash to be borderline “boring”. Boring in quotes because I always enjoy diving.

May I suggest Zero Gravity if you aren’t fully committed to a shop, yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom