cenotes are they worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't done any dives in the cenotes, but I've been snorkling in a couple of them

If you didn't done it... how you could compare? :O
And no, snorkeling in a Cenote isn't diving, it's quite the opposite: a very boring experience with not much to see and to do, since you will snorkeling only above the entrance so you see everything (aka nothing) in the first 30 seconds.
I understand that there could be ppl who doesn't like the Cenotes at all.. but try it, and you could change your mind.

There are formations inside cenotes that are very beautiful. One that comes to mind is the “leaning tower of pisa”. I couldn’t stop staring in awe. And then there are the light effects...

If you didn't done it... how you could compare? :O
And no, snorkeling in a Cenote isn't diving, it's quite the opposite: a very boring experience with not much to see and to do, since you will snorkeling only above the entrance so you see everything (aka nothing) in the first 30 seconds.
I understand that there could be ppl who doesn't like the Cenotes at all.. but try it, and you could change your mind.
Oh I will absolutely try it! I wanted to on my last trip but I was alone in that desire so I didn't go. But I still stand by my recommendation of if it's the OP's first trip to Cozumel, stick to the reefs. And if she likes it enough to return (and I have full faith she will) then maybe try a couple cenote dives the next trip.

The fact is.. the reefs (beautiful reefs) are everywhere... the Cenotes, not much. :)

True, but Cozumel is such a popular dive destination compared with other Caribbean destinations with beautiful reefs because the travel is easy and affordable for North Americans. Most of us can manage to return for another trip. It's not a once-in-a-lifetime place for most North Americans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom