cenotes are they worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're going to love Coz. I did a couple of dives in Jamaica years ago, and even then I thought it was like the lunar landscape compared with the amount of life and fascinating underwater topography of Coz.

You're going to love Coz. I did a couple of dives in Jamaica years ago, and even then I thought it was like the lunar landscape compared with the amount of life and fascinating underwater topography of Coz.

Thanks that's what I hear I have saw a sea horse and 2 large nurse sharks and 1 large turtle but can't wait to see more.
Now I am scared of real sharks , eels, and, baracudas. But hubby bows this and can calm me down. I'm Jamaica a sea snake got on my fin luckily our instructor seen it at the same time I did he helped me get it off without freaking it out too
He claimed it would of been like a wasp sting but I didn't know that only I knew was it looked like a snake

I recently went and stayed at an all inclusive on the mainland (for freeeeeee!)

We got away for a few days of diving, and it was highly recommended we try the cenotes. We had an absolute blast and I'd love to go back. It wasn't until afterwards our guide told us he took us to the easiest cenotes, and typically requires people have 20+ dives first (we didn't).

Incredible experience and I'd fully agree that you should absolutely do it if you weren't planning on being back anytime soon. If you will definitely be back though, taking the ferry back and forth just doesn't sound worth it over diving Cozumel all week. For us, staying on the mainland, diving Cozumel was a big hassle and the cenotes were easy.

Thank you I think I will save them for another trip. I'm hoping to get 10 boat dives, 1 wreck dive,1 night dive maybe even 2 tank one. And a lot of shore diving 1 to 2 times a day. So 22 or more dives that week.
Are you saying you are going to try to do a 2-tank night dive? I don't know of anybody who does that. Most ops only do night dives at Paradise, one tank, and do it right after sunset because they don't want to be out until midnight. Add a second dive and an hour of SIT, it's a late night.

Are you EANx certified? 22+ dives in 5 days (are you taking a no dive deco day before you fly home?) is a lot, especially if you are on air. Watch your computer closely and don't over do it.

Are you saying you are going to try to do a 2-tank night dive? I don't know of anybody who does that. Most ops only do night dives at Paradise, one tank, and do it right after sunset because they don't want to be out until midnight. Add a second dive and an hour of SIT, it's a late night.

Are you EANx certified? 22+ dives in 5 days (are you taking a no dive deco day before you fly home?) is a lot, especially if you are on air. Watch your computer closely and don't over do it.

Where we are staying they have 2 different night dives one is one tank the other you come up go somewhere else and go again.

In 7 nights we plan to do 1 to 2 shore dives the day we arrive because we arrive at 12:30

And that's 6 days including that one no won't dive day before we come home although we could because would give us 24 hours before we fly.

And yes will watch my computer. That was assuming 10 or more shore dives that's only 15 to 25 foot deep.

I have a feeling that cenote diving is an acquired taste, much like wreck diving. I’ve been going to Cozumel for almost 30 years now, and only took the time to do the cenote dive once, and I have no desire to go back and do it again. To each his own. Personally, I would much rather spend my diving time surrounded by glorious coral structures, vibrant sea life, amazing critters. The cenotes struck me as vaguely interesting, but basically just rocks. Been there, done that, don’t want to do it again.

Where we are staying they have 2 different night dives one is one tank the other you come up go somewhere else and go again.

In 7 nights we plan to do 1 to 2 shore dives the day we arrive because we arrive at 12:30

And that's 6 days including that one no won't dive day before we come home although we could because would give us 24 hours before we fly.

And yes will watch my computer. That was assuming 10 or more shore dives that's only 15 to 25 foot deep.

The two tank night dive ones at twilight ones at night

Just be careful with the push on number of dives don't let your excitement get the best of you. I'm happy for you and hope you have a great time.

Just be careful with the push on number of dives don't let your excitement get the best of you. I'm happy for you and hope you have a great time.
I will keep that in mind I won't over do it I will listen to my body and defiantly watch my computer

I say that to you but I'm the worst one when my wife and I go on trips to make sure I hit the max number of dives possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom