Cebu resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for dive resorts around Mactan cebu. Looking for descent reasonable prices rooms and where I can rent dive tanks. Preferable with din valves.

andibk

Finding DIN always too easy in Cebu.... Tke a look at Poby Divers in Tambuli East Resort, Maribago - the website is all in Korean has email and phone numbers

Poby diver's Center

Its a resort aimed for Korean divers but the prices are good and you shouldn't have any problems getting hold of tanks and gas there. There's also decent cheaper rooms directly above the shop.

It's not far from the Agos cave, if that's where you're heading, and easy to arrange a small pedicab/jeepney to take you to to the cave, wait with any gear and bring you back.

Karl

Thanks for the info. I have been there before but was a bit unhappy with the accomadations. I have a couple people interested in doing some cave courses and Agos cave is a good training cave. There is also a sea cave not to far away also.

Bruce

Head over to Kontiki Divers in Maribago. The dive shop is renovated, new gear, new management. Ted diving is offered, too.The resort is a bit run down but clean and reasonable priced. Check out their new website of the dive center: kontikidivers.com

I'm staying at the Blue Maribago Beach Resort in 2 weeks. I can't wait!! I haven't booked a dive center yet. What's close and convenient?

There is a dive shop actually in the resort but it depends on your budget. If you book through the resort you pay $60 per dive! However, if you go out of the gate turn left and go up the road you will dive with the same outfit for a lot less. However, there are several operators in the Mactan area including Kontiki's...if you search the PPD threads you will see the recommendations people have made.

The resort itself is great...a bit on the expensive side for food and drinks but we enjoyed it. Nice friendly atmosphere, very clean, great pools and entertainment. We are going back in November for a long weekend again :)

Ive got no commercial interests here and as someone who is
familiar with the area [my wife is from Bohol] I recommend Panglau
Island and also Camiguin Island. Two of the best spots in the world IMHO. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom