CCV....Oops, I did it again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craracer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've made three trips to CoCo View this year. I guess that makes me an addict:D. I'm amazed that on every trip I manage to find a ton of critters that I've never seen before. This last trip was no exception.

Just thought I would share photos from this trip. I find that my shooting has become much more selective, yet quality still seems to suffer. In an attempt to correct some focus issues, or lack there of, I've added a Sola 600 to my colossal rig. It seemed to help a lot, but I also moved from Aperture Priority to Full Manual shooting, something I haven't done since High school. So, one step forward, two back.

Composition is another area I need work on, but that's an entirely different subject.
As always, I'm open to helpful hints/criticism.

Canon D500
Watershot Housing
Inon S2000 and Z240
Sola 600 Focus light

Anyway, enough of my fetter. Here's the link to my photos, which I've posted up in Picasa:

https://picasaweb.google.com/yellod...authkey=Gv1sRgCJOnoLGv36e1_gE&feat=directlink

I've added a couple of shots to this post. IMG_3786a.jpgIMG_3888a.jpgIMG_3755.jpg

"fetter" ?
:eyebrow:

Yowza! It's not the rig, it's the shooter. You'd get equally superior pics if we switched rigs, and I'd get scenic photos of fuzzy fish posteriors!

Absolutely spectacular, thanks for sharing!

"fetter" ?
:eyebrow:

Oops. Obviously, I'm not an English major. Delete and insert: blabber, prattle, drivel.....

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of the critters/aquatic life that is often overlooked. As Roatan Man told me; "People often miss the finer details when only looking for things larger than a school bus" (I may have taken liberties with the wording, but you get the gist).

It's quite interesting to blow the photos up to reveal all of the detail that my poor old eyes miss. I keep thinking that I should buy a super-macro lens, or try adding a diopter to the housing. Ahh, just when you think you have enough garbage on you rig....:shakehead:

I have more photos, but for one reason or another decided that they weren't worth posting. Typically it was due to focus issues, too much back-scatter for me to deal with, contrast of subject, and whatnot.

I wanted to take a week-long photo class with Tim, from Dockside at CCV, but he was off filming for someone like Discovery. To anyone thinking about taking a photo class, I would highly suggest visiting with him. He exponentially improved my shooting during my last trip with only a short 40 minute verbal session.

I made the mistake of not downloading my photos every night to critique the days work. Oh well. Lessons learned.

BTW, all of the shots were taken using a Canon 60mm EF-S f/2.8 lens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom