CCR Try and Dive in Haigh Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richie Kohler

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
All,
If your intersted in learning more about rebreathers and trying silent and bubble free diving firsthand, then join Tamara Thomsen and I for a CCR try and dive at Haigh Quarry in Illinois this weekend (June 13/14). For more information about the program or how to book a spot contact me or email Harold at info@scubaemporium.com. I hope to see you there!

Just out of curiosity what is a Try and Dive like. Given that the divers don't actually know how to use an RB is it just in a few feet of water or is there an instructor looking at their guages and keeping everything in check. I keep waiting for someone to do one of these closer to Boston but until then I'd be curiousto know how these things go down.

D&C,
I lay out the program like a mini class that begins with a overview on the differnt types and models of rebreathers, giving the pros and cons of each. I then do a slow assembly of the unit withthe particpants, detailing all the components and functions. This takes about two hours after which I do a "one on one" dive to 30-40 feet for thirty minutes. CCRs do not like to be shallow and once trimmed out the particpant gets to really see what "Silent Diving" is all about.
FYI I am holding a CCR try in dive in Dutch Springs PA this August if your intersted...

Richie,

I have been talking with Jen at A1 about picking up the inspiration and I think she even said she contacted you about it, and about doing the class. After reading your post here , I see your doing a dive and try in August at Dutch. I was wondering if this is something I should do first? Also do you have a more exact date? I am always missing you either up here, or down at the Den. Look forward to working with you.

Richie,

I have been talking with Jen at A1 about picking up the inspiration and I think she even said she contacted you about it, and about doing the class. After reading your post here , I see your doing a dive and try in August at Dutch. I was wondering if this is something I should do first? Also do you have a more exact date? I am always missing you either up here, or down at the Den. Look forward to working with you.

BPF
Yes Jen has talked to me about you. I beleive there is still room to join the CCR Try and Dive this August 22 at Dutch Springs if you wish to joing me. Its being hosted by Cliff Diamond of Empire Divers, who is a pal of Jen and Alans. If your intersted, give Cliff a call at 212-249-4534 to sign up.
I hope to see you there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom