CCR Cave course duration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ahh, somehow I missed that. That makes much more sense. If that course is 4, is there a day dropped if you do cavern/intro together? It would be 2+2+4 so where is the day dropped?

Through TDI they allow you to drop a day to only 7 days when you run the entire zero to rebreather full cave diver as one continuous program.

If someone is fully cave certified and has the requisite hours on their CCR the course is a minimum of 3 days and 300 minutes of cave bottom time.
My CDS crossover was 4 dives over 3 days, Ginnie x2, Ginnie x1 (cell failed on planned dive2), Little River x1. I apparently I forget the exact minutes; I had well over 5 hours though.

If someone is TDI OC full cave and wanted to go CCR (sidewinder) with no prior CCR experience any idea on the # of days of training required? Can that training be done in a cave environment?

1. Minimum age 18
2. Certified TDI CCR Air Diluent Decompression Procedures Diver
certification or equivalent
3. Provide proof of certification as a:
a. TDI Rebreather Intro to Cave or equivalent
OR
b. TDI Full Cave Diver or equivalent
4. Provide proof of a minimum of 50 logged dives and 50 hours on the
rebreather unit used

If someone is TDI OC full cave and wanted to go CCR (sidewinder) with no prior CCR experience any idea on the # of days of training required? Can that training be done in a cave environment?

On the # of days, the answer is "It depends" but realistically you're looking at anywhere from 5 to 10 days to get to a full deco cert (what a lot of people call "MOD1").

The initial CCR cert by itself is a minimum of 5 days through TDI, but there may be pre-reqs or post CCR training experience reqs before they can get full "MOD1."

Pre-req for the Sidewinder: A pre-req would be to be a sidemount diver. Add 2 days.

Full deco Post-CCR training experience: If the student is NOT a deco certified OC diver, that initial cert will be limited to 100' with no deco. After some experience the student can take the Air Dil/Deco or Helitrox course, which opens up depths as deep as 150' and deco. Expect to add 3 days, minimum, to upgrade from Air DIL no Deco to full DECO.

TDI does not allow the initial rebreather cert to be taught in an overhead environment even if the student is open circuit full cave. The amount of experience you must have on the CCR before you can crossover to CCR rebreather full caver through TDI is approximately 50 hours. The crossover is typically 3 days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom